Chicago - Performance Optimization for MySQL with InnoDB and XtraDB
Tuesday, December 8, 2009 from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM (CST)
Performance Optimization for MySQL with InnoDB and XtraDB
An intensive workshop that covers tuning MySQL when using the InnoDB and XtraDB storage engines. The learning objectives for attendees are:
- Identify successful architectures, and how applications can be made to scale with MySQL.
- Make capacity planning decisions, and analyze trended information.
- Learn to be systematic about fixing performance problems.
- Optimize query performance.
- Understand how key features of InnoDB work, including the buffer pool, transaction logs, clustered indexes, insert buffer, adaptive hash, double write buffer.
- Learn to read diagnostic Information from InnoDB and make informed decisions while tuning configuration.
- Discover how XtraDB, and the Percona and Google patches will provide you better diagnostics and performance.
For more information, see www.percona.com/training/performance-optimization-for-mysql-with-innodb-and-xtradb.html
When & Where
Percona has made MySQL faster and more reliable for over 1,800 consulting and support customers worldwide since 2006.
Percona provides enterprise-grade MySQL support, consulting, training, and development services to companies such as Cisco Systems, Alcatel-Lucent, Groupon, and the BBC.
Percona's founders authored the definitive book High Performance MySQL from O'Reilly Press and the widely read MySQL Performance Blog. Percona also develops software for MySQL users, including Percona Server and Percona XtraBackup, the only open source, hot backup utility for the InnoDB storage engine. For more information, visit www.Percona.com.