Chicago Lights Tutoring Program New Volunteer Orientation
- Charity & Causes
- Fourth Presbyterian Church, Gratz Center, Chicago IL
Inspire a Child. Impact a Community. Become a Tutor.
Thank you for your interest in the Chicago Lights Tutoring Program. We began our 48th year of the program in October and we would love for you to join us! Please attend our upcoming "Volunteer Information Session" to learn about the program and the volunteer opportunities available.
· During the information session, program staff will provide volunteers with information regarding the history of the program and the children it serves, the various programs and classes offered to students and tutors, the volunteer opportunities available and how one is matched with a student. Interested volunteers will be able to submit an application packet during this time, as well.
· The following information will be helpful to have in order to complete the application packet: a driver’s license or state ID number, the addresses at which you have resided in the past five years and the names and contact information for two personal references.
· When you enter the building you will see the receptionist. She can direct you to the orientation in the Gratz Center.
· If you drive, please park in the 900 N. Michigan Building. You can then obtain a parking validation at the receptionist desk at Fourth Church. With the validation your parking cost will be $6 if you parked after 5:00pm.
The Chicago Lights Tutoring Program runs Monday-Thursday from 6:00pm-7:30pm from October - May. A typical night of tutoring consists of completing homework with your student, then participating in one or two of the following activities: getting a book from our library to read together, working on one of our many Reading Recovery programs, visiting the computer lab to do research on the internet or practice typing or math skills, visiting the art room to create a masterpiece, or playing one of our fun and educational board games.
The relationships built and the goals accomplished at the Tutoring Program each week make a life-changing impact on Chicago’s children, our communities and us all!
If you have any further questions, please feel free to contact me. Please also visit our website, www.chicagolights.org for more information.
Thanks, Fernie Tiflis
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.