'Continuing Education & Networking Event'
November 4, 2014
5 HSW Credit Hours towards you state requirements
2 GBCI Credit Hour for LEED Professionals
8:00 AM Registration Begins
Morning pastries, fruit and coffee provided
8:30 - 9:30 AM (8:30 - 9:26)
Surface Innovation - Redefining Boundaries of Interior and Exterior Spaces with Ultracompact
Surfacing – ‘Dekton by Cosentino’
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | NEW AIA Course #:ICS06H
AIA Provider: Cosentino
Presenter: Jeff Cannata
In this course, we explore a cutting edge surfacing technology, Ultracompact surfacing. Gain insight
into how this surfacing material possesses the same characteristics of natural stone while providing
unmatched color and design flexibility.
1. Discuss the evolution of surfaces and the various types of surfacing material for interior and
2. Define Ultracompact surfacing and the innovative production process that creates intrinsically
3. Discuss designing with Ultracompact surfaces in terms color, texture, and format.
4. Discuss the advantages of compact surfaces in terms of strength, durability, chemical
resistance, absorption, abrasion resistance, and ASTM testing.
5. Identify possible interior/exterior application options with Ultracompact surfacing material.
9:40 - 10:40 AM (9:32 10:30)
Locker Solutions for Every Place and Purpose
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | AIA Course #: ISP10E
AIA Provider: Scranton Products
Presenter: Mike Janssen
Lockers come in many shapes and sizes. In this one hour course, we will discuss uses for lockers,
material choices and accessories. We will learn about ADA compliance and sustainability as it relates
to lockers, and we will take a look at different options that add to the visual appeal, and options that
make for an easier user experience.
1. Compare and contrast different material types for lockers in terms of their makeup, maintenance,
life span, and sustainable benefits to occupants and the environment.
2. Identify different applications for HDPE plastic lockers and discuss design options that make them
more user-friendly, ADA compliant, and aesthetically pleasing to end users based on those
3. Identify the health and environmental benefits of specifying HDPE plastic lockers made from 100%
4. Discuss fire code compliance of lockers and explain the importance of recognizing NFP.
10:50 - 11:50 AM (10:32 - 11:22)
Updated - Steep Sloped Premium Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour | New AIA Course #: IMU07G
AIA Provider: Gerard Roofing Technologies
Presenter: James DeVelder
This course will better inform the designer on how to properly specify stone
coated metal roofing system. Through a thorough review of installation procedures, cost breakdown
and system benefits to any project, the design professional attending this educational presentation
will be able to knowledgably specify a stone coated metal roofing system into their next project.
1. Define stone coated metal and depict how stone coated metal roofing is
manufactured and explain how benefits such as greater longevity lead to reduced
labor and waste and other benefits relate to protection in natural disasters.
2. Describe the installation methods for stone coated metal roofing systems and discuss
how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project
earning LEED certification.
3. Describe how stone coated metal roofing systems are energy efficient & Energy Star
4. Explain the cost benefits of stone coated metal roofing systems.
12:00 PM Lunch Sponsored by Greg Trimboli with Dynamic Closures (11:30 - 12:00)
1:00 - 2:00 PM (12:08 - 1:12)
The Health Product Declaration (HPD): An Ingredient List for the Built Environment
AIA course number: GCE00G | 1 AIA HSW CE Hour (Pre-recorded Session with Live Discussion)
GBCI ID: 920001080| 1 GBCI CE Hour
AIA Provider: GreenCE
Presenter: Tara Blank, Ph.D., LEED Green Associate
The average American spends the vast majority of their time indoors. However, most people are not
aware of the numerous chemicals and materials they are exposed to on a daily basis, nor do they
understand the hazards associated with these substances. As such, the need for a standardized way
of reporting the health impacts of building materials is desperately needed. In this one-hour course,
the design professional will become familiar with the Health Product Declaration TM (HPD), a material
ingredient reporting standard developed under the guidance of the HPD Collaborative TM. We will
explore how HPDs contribute to the creation of healthier buildings, how to read and interpret an HPD,
and how the HPD can contribute to points in LEED v4.
· Define the objective of the HPD
· Discuss why the HPD is important for human health, and how it can contribute to healthier
· Explain how products with an HPD can contribute to points in LEED v4
· Recognize the HPD format, and understand what constitutes a “compliant” HPD
· Interpret the information presented in an HPD and appreciate how HPD can be used by design
2:10 - 3:10 PM (1:38 - 2:30)
Next Generation Green Restroom Design
1 AIA HSW Credit Hour | AIA Course #: IEX00A
USGBC Course ID: 910000371
AIA Provider: Excel Dryer
Presenter: Rick McDonald
This course provides an overview of the newest technologies in high-efficiency plumbing products
and high-speed, Energy-efficient hand dryers. It offers compelling evidence of the economical,
environmental and practical benefits of sustainable restroom design based on established research
and statistical data. Topics covered include water conversation and energy efficiency strategies,
criteria for selecting best-practice green building restroom, products, and applicability to green
building programs, certifications and standards.
• Recognize the imperative to conserve water, energy and other natural resources in buildings and
describe the environment, health and economic benefits of reduced water and energy use from
high-efficiency restroom products.
• Define and select high-efficiency plumbing fixtures and hand dryers and understand the economic
and Environments benefits of measuring the carbon footprint of products and processes through
• Apply restroom design and product selection strategies to earn LEED points and other certifications.
• List financial and maintenance benefits of the high-speed, energy-efficient dryers.
This Agenda is a final schedule, updates, additions and changes may occure.
When & Where
CE Academy, Inc.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email email@example.com.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.