Chicago Film & Video Professionals August Meeting
Tuesday, August 19, 2014 from 6:00 PM to 9:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Our August Meeting is open to all Professional Image Makers, Photographers and Filmmakers alike. Annual CFVP members are free. Guests will be charged $10 at the door. (Half the normal price of a single meeting)
In today's Digital Imaging World, understanding different types of digital storage and the best practice for handling them makes digital video production workflow smoother and less troublesome. It's important for filmmakers to understand the process and methods on how to recover corrupted video files. Taky's presentation will make sure that you are prepared if the worst case scenario happens!
Attendees can expect to learn:
- Types of digital storage: Hard drive, SSD, Flash memory etc
- Best practice on handling different storage type: Defragmentation, Active
Garbage Collection etc.
- Understanding File structure, File system compatibility, Low-level format etc.
- File recovery method
- Audio file, digital movie file recovery process and live demo
- Data backup strategy, local backup vs cloud backup
- Last resort – damage control
Taky Chueng co-founded LA Color, a wedding photography and cinematography studio in Pasadena, CA in 2001. Taky is known for its professionalism and outgoing personality that enhances the fun appeal of any occasion. His clients and their guests consistently give rave reviews for his guest interviews as well as the poignant moments he captures of their special day or event.
As a speaker, Taky has shared his knowledge with many groups around the US, including Detroit and New England