Bummer! Sales have ended.
Unfortunately, tickets for this event are no longer on sale.
Join us for our CHB & Cookies for Kids' Cancer bake sale on Saturday, July 13th, 2013. The proceeds from the event will be donated to Cookies for Kids' Cancer.
About Cookies for Kids' Cancer
Cookies for Kids' Cancer, a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation dedicated to raising funds for pediatric cancer research, was founded in 2008 by Gretchen and Larry Witt. Upon their son Liam's diagnosis with Neuroblastoma in 2007, they were shocked to learn that cancer is the #1 disease killer of children in the U.S., primarily due to a lack of funding for research to develop more effective, less toxic treatments for pediatric cancers.
It all started with 96,000 cookies...
Upon Liam's cancer diagnosis, Gretchen decided to try to raise funds doing what she knew: baking. The idea? A larger-than-life bake sale. With the help of 250 volunteers, friends, colleagues and families with children battling cancer, Gretchen baked 96,000 cookies. Within weeks, over $400,000 was raised for pediatric cancer research.
Word quickly spread, and people from across the country began emailing, all asking the same question, "What can I do to help?" By 2008, Cookies for Kids' Cancer was born with the goal of inspiring individuals and businesses nationwide to raise funds for pediatric cancer by hosting local events.
- Cancer kills more children annually than any other disease - more than asthma, diabetes, cystic fibrosis & AIDS combined
- 46 U.S. children are diagnosed with cancer each day
- 1 in 5 children diagnosed with cancer will not survive
- Two-thirds of pediatric cancer survivors will develop long-term effects - including mental and physical disabilities and secondary cancers - A result of the very treatments that initially cured them.
- Less than 3% of the National Cancer Institute's budget is allocated to pediatric cancer