Jersey City, NJ - 8 HSW and 1 GBCI Credit Hours
- Business & Professional
- Saint Peters University - Dinneen Hall - McIntyre Conference Center - FREE PARKING, Jersey City NJ
Charlotte CE Academy Event
November 28, 2012
1 AIA HSW CE Hours,
3 AIA HSW/SD CE Hours,
2 GBCI CE Hours for LEED Professionals,
8:30 – 9:00 AM Registration
9:00 – 10:00 AM
Steep Slope Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems
1 AIA HSW CE Hour
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.| Course: IMU07C
Sponsor: Metals USA
Presenter: Rick Davis
• Define stone coated Metal.
• Depict how stone coated Metal roofing is manufactured.
• Explain the benefits of stone coated metal roofing.
• Demonstrate new and innovative ideas to take into the design process for schools, hospitals and other commercial applications, and to help you through that process.
• Discuss how specifying stone coated metal roofing systems may contribute towards a project earning LEED certification.
• Describe how Stone Coated Metal Roofing Systems are energy efficient
& Energy Star qualified.
• Explain the cost benefits of Stone Coated Metal roofing systems.
10:10 - 11:10 AM
Roofing Market Trends & Advantages of FB Membranes & Urethane Adhesive
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
Provider: Carlisle Syntec | Course: SDT110
Presenter: Paul Markel
· Physical performance advantages of fleece membranes that enable them to
resist the forces of Mother Nature such as wind, rain and cold.
11:20 - 12:20 PM Lunch: Sponsored by Dynamic Closures
12:20 - 1:20 PM
Understanding Recycled Content Surfacing Material
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour |Course: ICS06A
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals |GBCI Course ID: 0090003989
Provider: InfoSpec, Inc.
Presenter: Phillip Devore
· This one hour live course describes the importance of recycled content surfacing products and how they affect a building's indoor environmental quality.
· We will review how these materials are manufactured and specified and we will evaluate how they may contribute towards LEED project certification.
· After a comparison on traditional and recycled surfacing materials, we will discuss the importance of going beyond "green".
1:30 - 2:30 PM
Exterior Continuous Insulated Claddings for Energy Efficiency and
1 AIA HSW/SD CE Hour
1 GBCI CE Hour for LEED Professionals |GBCI Course ID: 0090005704
Provider: Dryvit System, Inc. | Course: BL0002
Presenter: Robert Dazel
· Deconstruct the "perceived" value of traditional insulation methods and reduced performance within framed wall assemblies and reconstruct new strategies for developing true "effective" insulation value and high performance.
· Identify and define model energy code and green design standard's requirements for exterior continuous insulation.
· Differentiate between "prescriptive" R-value "performance" U-factor wall design paths and recognize where continuous insulation must be integrated.
· Discover the interrelationship between exterior insulated cladding and the use of continuous insulation to achieve energy efficient, cost effective and aesthetically pleasing design solutions.
The CE Academy is coming to a city near you!
Are you a design professional or spec writer in need of CE credit hours to maintain your AIA membership or state license? CE Academy, Inc. organizes 4-8 hours of continuing education in a seminar format so you can earn multiple CE hours at one time.
These AIA and/or GBCI registered courses provide education credit. CE Academy will also manage the reporting of your credits to the AIA and email you a certificate of completion for your records after the event.
Available education credits include:
>> AIA HSW CE Hours
>> GBCI CE Hours for LEED® Professionals
>> ADA Hours Accessibility/barrier-free
For more information email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a list of accessible education and LEED webinar courses, please visit GreenCE.
Join millions of people on Eventbrite.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.