Chanukkah Party at North Idaho College
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
Coeur d'Alene, ID
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Chanukkah comes to life at NIC for students,faculty and the local community!
Join us for this ancient "Festival of Lights" celebration on Dec. 3, 2013! Be inspired and experience international flavor. A FREE event, funded by the North Idaho College Diversity Events and hosted by Teshuvah Ministries. Don't miss it, for this will be a memorable evening!
How? Well, guests will be able to soak their minds and hearts in a celebration that honors Israel's God (YHWH), Israel's heritage and history through entering into Israelite culture and calendar rhythm for if only this one evening. Guests will learn some Hebrew language and culture while discovering the history of this beautiful ancient Feast! We'll accomplish this through:
- Traditional food (Latkes, Kugal, Sufganyoit, Wassail, Rimon Se'orah and Bread)
- Lighting the Chanukkiah (menorah)
- Jewish dances
- An Impromptu drama (telling the story of Chanukkah)
- Win Prizes (for participation throughout the evening)
- Go home with the traditional gelt and a flier telling about Chanukkah
The evening will find a delicate balance between time to socialize and eat and time to engage with the group and learn. For those who dare they will be able to claim a speaking or non-speaking part in the improdrama! As is tradition, we will have a tzedkah box available where we will be collecting monetary donations for local Hebrews in our community who are struggling with poverty and isolation.
Surrounded by lights, music and tradition (that is, tradition with a modern twist) Christians, Messianics, Jews and anyone who comes will feel comfortable and learn some Israelite history through drama and discover at an entry-level what Chanukkah might mean for them personally.
- Bring a monetary donation for the traditional Tzedkah box
- Register for the event at www.EventBrite.com ("Chanukkah Party") or through the NIC website at (www.nic.edu/studentevents)
- Bring a date, bring friends, bring your family! Be sure and register them, too!
- Come hungry and ready to participate in the group dances and the drama
- Plan on staying to the end to get prizes!
- For more information go to: www.TeshuvahMinistries.com, 651-2531 or email email@example.com
- Definitely take this opportunity to dress up nice! (No gym clothes, etc. please)
- Bring your paper ticket, or sign in at the registration table
BE THERE BY 5:00 pm!
Dinner will be served from 5-6. The doors will close at 6 pm so that we can start the evening's program.
Hope to see you there! Please make sure and register all who are coming in your party at www.nic.edu/studentevents or www.teshuvahministries.com
When & Where
Teshuvah Ministries and North Idaho College Diversity Events
I have some menorah coin jewerly (from Israel) and menorah's among other neat treasures we are giving away at the end of the Chanukkah Party! There are only 32 seats left. If you know someone else who wants to come have them reserve their FREE ticket soon before they are all gone! Looking forward to seeing you all there and celebrating Chanukkah with you!
Shalom -- Rebekah
We were able to open up 20 more seats for the Chanukkah Party. There are only 9 more left as of this morning. Get yours before they are all gone! It will be an evening to remember!
We are sold out! Amazing! We are very pleased with the ticket 'sales.' If you really want to attend the Chanukkah Party on Dec. 3 there is one other way -- you must register for the 'Chanukkah Helper' tickets. This ticket type is also free and is the only other option we have available for the Chanukkah Party. We need people who can help with the event. We can't guarantee a seat at a table for you, but you can eat and stand and enjoy the evening while helping put it on. You would need to come at 4pm to get instructions and stay till 9:30pm to help clean up. We need: 2 ushers, 2 welcomers, 3 registration attendants, 2 stage hands, 1 'Gelt Guy,' 1 person to man the Tzedkah table and 1 assistant. Register for this ticket type and we will contact you. Thanks! Lady Rebekah