Chanukkah Party at North Idaho College
Tuesday, December 3, 2013 from 5:00 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Chanukkah comes to life at NIC for students,faculty and the local community!
Join us for this ancient "Festival of Lights" celebration on Dec. 3, 2013! Be inspired and experience international flavor. A FREE event, funded by the North Idaho College Diversity Events and hosted by Teshuvah Ministries. Don't miss it, for this will be a memorable evening!
How? Well, guests will be able to soak their minds and hearts in a celebration that honors Israel's God (YHWH), Israel's heritage and history through entering into Israelite culture and calendar rhythm for if only this one evening. Guests will learn some Hebrew language and culture while discovering the history of this beautiful ancient Feast! We'll accomplish this through:
- Traditional food (Latkes, Kugal, Sufganyoit, Wassail, Rimon Se'orah and Bread)
- Lighting the Chanukkiah (menorah)
- Jewish dances
- An Impromptu drama (telling the story of Chanukkah)
- Win Prizes (for participation throughout the evening)
- Go home with the traditional gelt and a flier telling about Chanukkah
The evening will find a delicate balance between time to socialize and eat and time to engage with the group and learn. For those who dare they will be able to claim a speaking or non-speaking part in the improdrama! As is tradition, we will have a tzedkah box available where we will be collecting monetary donations for local Hebrews in our community who are struggling with poverty and isolation.
Surrounded by lights, music and tradition (that is, tradition with a modern twist) Christians, Messianics, Jews and anyone who comes will feel comfortable and learn some Israelite history through drama and discover at an entry-level what Chanukkah might mean for them personally.
- Bring a monetary donation for the traditional Tzedkah box
- Register for the event at www.EventBrite.com ("Chanukkah Party") or through the NIC website at (www.nic.edu/studentevents)
- Bring a date, bring friends, bring your family! Be sure and register them, too!
- Come hungry and ready to participate in the group dances and the drama
- Plan on staying to the end to get prizes!
- For more information go to: www.TeshuvahMinistries.com, 651-2531 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Definitely take this opportunity to dress up nice! (No gym clothes, etc. please)
- Bring your paper ticket, or sign in at the registration table
BE THERE BY 5:00 pm!
Dinner will be served from 5-6. The doors will close at 6 pm so that we can start the evening's program.
Hope to see you there! Please make sure and register all who are coming in your party at www.nic.edu/studentevents or www.teshuvahministries.com