San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Challenge Festival, produced by 1776, is a week of events in Washington, D.C. focused on transformative solutions to global challenges and innovators from around the world. This week alone, more than 100 organizations are partnering to host events focused on how to drive innovation through startups and government, foundations and corporations, including Smithsonian, Brookings, FOSE and Infrastructure Week.
In addition to the packed schedule of panels and parties, the Challenge Festival features the culmination of 1776’s Challenge Cup, a global competition of startups revolutionizing education, energy, health and smart cities. The headline event, the Challenge Cup Global Finals, takes place the afternoon of May 17th at 5-8 pm. Meet the 64 finalists here.
** Badge holders DO NOT have to RSVP for individual events. You will show your badge when entering the event. Platinum and VIP badge holders have all access passes to all Challenge Festival events.
Friday, May 9, 2014
- Challenge Festival Opening Party presented by Revolution – 7pm - 10pm @ 1776 (all badge holders)
Monday, May 12, 2014
- Lunchtime Conference: Grand Challenges – The Rise of Startups presented by CEA– 11:30am - 1:30pm @ 1776 (VIP, Platinum, Gold)
- Challenge Cup: Education Semifinals – 4pm - 1pm @ Studio Theatre (VIP, Platinum, Gold, Silver)
- Education VIP Gala – 7 pm @ Meridian Internatonal Center (VIP, Platinum)
Tuesday, May 13, 2014
- Lunchtime Conference: The Corporate Revolution – 11:30am - 1:30pm @ Ideaspace (VIP, Platinum, Gold)
- Challenge Cup: Energy Semifinals – 4pm - 7pm @ Studio Theatre (VIP, Platinum, Gold, Silver)
- Energy VIP Gala – 7 pm @ Heurich House (VIP, Platinum, and by Special Invitation)
Wednesday, May 14, 2014
- Lunchtime Conference: Accelerating Impact sponsored by Case Foundation – 11:30 am - 1:30pm @ Studio Theater (VIP, Platinum, Gold)
- Challenge Cup: Health Semifinals presented by MedStar– 4pm - 7pm @ Studio Theater (VIP, Platinum, Gold, Silver)
- Health VIP Gala presented by AARP - 7 pm - 10 pm @ Mansion at O Street (VIP, Platinum and by Special Invitation)
Thursday, May 15, 2014
- Lunchtime Conference: Returns on Capital – 11:00 am - 1:00pm @ DockFive, Union Market (VIP, Platinum, Gold)
- Challenge Cup: Smart Cities Semifinals presented by Amazon – 4pm - 7pm @ Studio Theatre (VIP, Platinum, Gold, Silver)
- Smart Cities VIP Gala – 7 pm @ DockFive, Union Market (VIP, Platinum, and by Special Invitation)
Friday, May 16, 2014
- Conference: Startup Government presented by CEA – 10:00am - 4:30pm @ US Chamber (VIP, Platinum, Gold) or RSVP for an a la carte ticke here.
- Featured: Keynote Night – 7pm @ Lincoln Theater (VIP, Platinum, Gold, Silver)
Saturday, May 17, 2014
- Featured: Challenge Cup Global Finals – 5pm - 8pm @ US Institute of Peace (VIP, Platinum, Gold, Silver)
- Challenge Festival Closing Party presented & produced by iStrategyLabs – 8pm @ Ideaspace – RSVP (VIP, Platinum, Gold, & Silver badge holders do not have to RSVP to the closing party; your badge will get you in)
1776 is producing the Challenge Festival in partnership with iStrategyLabs. Global Sponsors include: the District of Columbia, US Chamber of Commerce, Microsoft, MedStar, Pearson, Booz Allen Hamilton, CEA, Aspen Institute, and American Airlines.
When & Where
Reinventing our lives as citizens by connecting the hottest startups in the world with the assets of the most powerful city on Earth.