The Pink Lotus Project is a 501 c 3 tax deductible nonprofit organization based in Harrison County dedicated to serving the women and girls of the Gulf Coast. The mission of the organization is to provide educational programs and focused services that will impact women and girls of all ages and empower them to build and sustain healthy lifestyles, relationships, and communities.
Our scope of work addresses the local concerns of women and girls and is based on a commitment to the principles of behavioral and mental health issues, basic human rights, healthy lifestyles, and empowerment of women and girls. This is accomplished through preventative education, as well as non-traditional approaches to improving self-esteem and self-sustainment.
This October, The Pink Lotus Project is proud to participate in National Breast Cancer Awareness Month. Breast cancer is the second most common kind of cancer in women. About 1 in 8 women born today in the United States will get breast cancer at some point. The good news is that many women can survive breast cancer if it’s found and treated early.
In an effort to bring awareness locally, we are hosting Cha Cha for the Ta Ta’s Breast Cancer Awareness Line Dance A Thon and Bling My Bra Contest on Thursday, October 2, 2014 at Orange Grove Community Center 14416 Dedeaux Rd. Gulfport from 6:30 p.m.- 10:30 p.m. The cost to attend this event is $10.00. All proceeds from this event will benefit the Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Breast Imaging Fund. The breast imaging fund provides mammograms and ultrasounds to special needs patients who would not be able to afford these diagnostic tests on their own. We are asking that your business/organization participate.
There are several ways to get involved:
1. We are seeking Corporate Sponsors for the event (Please see the attached sponsor form, vendor setup included)
2. Vendor setup ($50 if not sponsoring the event in another way)
3. Businesses, organizations and individual teams can participate in the “Bling My Bra” decorating contest (See attached information sheet with rules)
4. We are in need of local businesses to donate products and services to be used as door prizes for the event. Your business name will be included in promotional materials and will be announced at the event for recognition of your donation.
5. We are in need of trinkets and educational materials to be given to event participants(bags, pens, pencils, rulers, brochures, pamphlets, etc) Approx 100
6. Encourage your friends, family, co-workers, civic and social organizations to get involved by forming a line dancing team and pre registering
(search “The Pink Lotus Project” on Facebook and “like” our page for updates and additional information)
We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Yours in Service, Jocelyn Gavin Lane, CEO/Founder
The Pink Lotus Project
Bra Decorating Contest
In Conjunction with the “Cha Cha For the Ta Ta’s” we will be hosting the “Bling My Bra” bra decorating contest. We are asking that you/your family/your cha cha or line dance team/your organization/business/civic or social group or department at work accept the challenge of decorating a bra and “vote collection container” both to be displayed at the Cha Cha for the Ta Ta’s event. From Sept 1 to Oct 2 you will be challenged to collect as many votes as you can for your bra. ($1 donation =1 vote) the Bra with the most “votes” at the end of the contest will split the pot* with the Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Breast Imaging Fund. Certificates will be awarded for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners,
and participation appreciation certificates for all others.
The rules are simple:
1. Decorate a new bra– let your creativity shine! (tastefully)
2. Decorate a clear plastic container to be used to collect your votes (donations) – Please include a picture of your decorated bra on the front of your container, this will be used for voting at the event
3. Take a picture of the decorated bra by itself and a picture of yourself/team of decorators with the decorated bra – to be used at the event/on website/social media
4. Email Sponsor form and Pictures to information@ThePinkLotusProject.org no later than Sept 15 New Deadline Sept 30, 2014
5. Display your bra and collect as many donations (votes) as you can up until October 2nd.
6. Bras and Collection Containers must be delivered to the Orange Grove Community Center on Thursday, October 2nd no later than 5:00 PM to be eligible for the Contest
7. The winner will be announced during the Cha Cha for the Ta Ta’s Event on October 2nd (must be present to split the pot)
8. Must be 18 or older to enter.
Don’t want to decorate a bra but still want to contribute? Visit our website/Facebook Page or contact us for additional
(*The individual bra’s donations will be split, all other proceeds will go to the Memorial Hospital Foundation’s Breast