PLEASE NOTE CHANGE OF DATE
During this session we will continue to look at IEPs of students who can move to a least restrictive environment. Please bring your IEPs and data to this workshop to discuss the changes you want to make and get ideas to overcome the challenges to doing that. Print documentation that will be used to make those decisions for these discussions.
Audience: SAT Team, Sp. Ed. Liaison, Lead Sp. Ed. Teacher, IEP Teacher, (4 staff / school)
Elementary School & Middle School: 9:00-12:00
Petrides Educational Complex Building A
715 Ocean Terrace
Staten Island, NY 10301
When & Where
Karen Cardinali of CFN 609
During the session we will look at the 8 Mathematics Teaching Practices outlined in the Principles to Actions from the National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) as a framework for bridging the gap between the adoption of rigorous (CCLS) standards and the enactment of practices (DFFT), policies, programs (GoMath), and actions required for successful implementation of those standards.
We will spend time:
- Examining teacher and school beliefs about the teaching and learning of mathematics
- Unpack the 8 Mathematics Teaching Practices (NCTM) as the framework for effective planning and instruction.
- Engage in a case study about the problem relating the set of eight mathematics teaching practices to the case.
- Reflect on next steps in strengthening these teaching practices in your own instruction.
- Identify ways that promoting mathematical discourse in the classrooms help students develop a deep understanding that is critical to their future success in mathematics.