Certified ScrumMaster Training in Chicago
Thursday, August 7, 2014 at 9:00 AM - Friday, August 8, 2014 at 5:00 PM (CDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
People learn best through practice, not hours of boring lecture. Angela’s two-day Certified ScrumMaster training is a highly interactive blend of theory and practice. Through inventive exercises and real-world stories, Angela’s students leave class ready to use Scrum to improve their work lives and their career paths. Whether you are new to agile practices or a seasoned professional, you'll leave this course with a practical, time-tested plan that you can begin using right away to enhance your agile transformation.
“Thank you! I went to Agile training a year ago with another company and yours was 10 times better. Thanks so much for making it easy to understand.”-- Shannon R, Seattle
“That was the best agile training I’ve been through so far, and have recommended it to the rest of my team.”-- Kelly J, Richmond
“Your CSM class was excellent! We had so much fun while learning a lot. We'd like to order four signed copies of your book.”-- Liz J, Austin
World Class Instructor
Angela’s clients include some of the largest technology, manufacturing, retail, and financial services companies in the world. She also works with small start-ups, as well as government and not-for-profit companies. With over two decades in the business, Angela’s extensive experience means she can help you successfully tackle your toughest challenges in implementing agile practices.
Angela is also the author of the highly acclaimed “30 Days to Better Agile”, the definitive guide for resolving the toughest challenges in every agile implementation.
Angela’s students receive ongoing support in their quest to become successful agile practitioners. In addition to training, Angela offers:
- Ongoing Q & A opportunities
- Free webinars
- Onsite coaching
- Referrals to agile employers
- Advanced agile courses, such as Professional Agile Coaching®
Who Should Attend
The Certified ScrumMaster course is ideal for:
- Software developers
- Quality Assurance professionals
- Business analysts
- User Experience professionals
- Project Managers
- Anyone looking for a better way to manage complex work through agile processes
Angela's CSM attendees (like the ones with her in the photo below from Lima, Peru) have gone on to become successful ScrumMasters, Product Owners, Scrum team members, and agile coaches. Isn’t it time to take your career to the next level by gaining the CSM certification?
Enroll today and get started on your own agile path!
“I liked your teaching style. You made the class fun and interesting. Thanks for a great experience!” --Sanjay R, Portland
“Our team's ability to adjust, adapt and produce has increased to an amazing level after taking your course.” --Russ S, Austin
“I wanted to tell you how much I enjoyed your course. The 2 days went by so fast, yet we covered a lot!” --Lisa E, Chicago
Prepare yourself for two action-packed days including lecture, exercises, real-world stories and case studies, with plenty of time for questions. In addition to learning the basics of Scrum, you'll also gain insight on these important topics:
- The three key needs of a self-organized team
- Differences between waterfall and agile approaches to project management, and when to use each
- Important ways in which the ScrumMaster role differs from the project manager role
- How to “sell” your organization on the benefits of Scrum
- Strategies for cleaning up technical debt
- The two most important contributions of an agile manager
- How to write effective user stories in order to gain insights into your stakeholder's requirements
- The three most important characteristics of a great Product Owner
- “Inside a big project is a small project, trying to get out” – how to develop the agile mindset to improve your work and your life
You will leave this course ready to use your new-found knowledge to both pass the CSM Exam and start improving your project predictability and success rate right away!
When & Where
Angela Druckman Agile Coach and Certified Scrum Trainer
Angela Druckman is an agile coach and Certified Scrum Trainer. She specializes in Agile Transformation, helping teams and organizations all over the world improve their competitive position and effectiveness through agility. Whether working with tiny start-ups or Fortune 100 companies, Angela’s experience and guidance have helped her clients achieve extraordinary and measurable success with their agile practices. Angela is the author of 30 Days to Better Agile.