This two day course provides the fundamental principles of Scrum, gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum, and closes with Certification as a recognized ScrumMaster.
The ScrumMaster Certification is a 2-day course introducing the concepts of the Scrum, the most popular Agile framework. Scrum is a seemingly simple process that can have such profound effects on an organization. Each participants will gain practical experience working with Scrum tools and activities such as the product backlog, sprint backlog, daily Scrum meetings, sprint planning meeting, and burndown charts. Participants leave knowing how to apply Scrum to all sizes of projects, from a single collocated team to a large, highly distributed team.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the new Scrum Alliance certification test. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
PMP's: This course counts for 15 Professional Development Units (PDUs).
PMI-ACP: This course counts is 15 of the 21 contact hours needed to be eligible for the PMI-ACP certification.
What you will learn
- Practical, project-proven practices
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the product backlog
- Why there's more to leading a self-organizing team than buying pizza and getting out of the way
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- How to successfully scale Scrum to large, multi-continent projects with team sizes in the hundreds
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s fifteen years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
About the Instructor
Devon Morris is a Coach, Open Space facilitator and Certified Scrum Trainer with over 13 years of experience with Scrum. He has helped with the adoption of Scrum and Agile at numerous companies both large and small. Devon brings this broad range of experience to every training event and coaching session to boost performance when applying techniques. He holds the following certifications - Project Management Professional, Agile Certified Practitioner and Certified Six Sigma Black Belt.
Who Should Attend
This course is intended for those who wish to explore the benefits that agile and Scrum and who desire a foundational education in agile and in Scrum, including its values, principles and practices, and those who enjoy a learning format that is hands-on, experiential and Socratic. Attendees will utilize a variety of exercises, activities, discussions and resources to help them learn and apply Scrum in both software and non-software product development situations.
- Overview of Scrum (What Scrum is & originals)
- Sprints (iterative, incremental, adnormal termination, etc.)
- Roles (ScrumMaster, Product Owner, Team)
- Meetings (planning, daily scrum, review, retrospectve, etc.)
- Artifacts (burndown charts, backlogs, etc.)
- Scability and the human side of Scrum
A full refund will be provided if you cancel or tranfer your registration to a different event no later than five business days prior to the start of the class. If you cancel or transfer within five business days, you will be charged $150 per class per student
When & Where
BeardedEagle is an Arlington, TX - based management consulting firm that partners with clients to design and then drive, strategies and solutions that make lasting and meaningful impact using consultants that have done it before with Agile, Lean & Six Sigma techniques.
BeardedEagle is committed to delivering measurable results for their clients through executional excellence. Whether you need to tune up on practices or you are looking to perform an organizational transformation, BeardedEagle will be your partner for success. Visit www.beardedeagle.com for more information