Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Our Next Course
Understand Scrum • Use Agile Metrics • Apply Adaptive Techniques
Who Should Attend and Prerequisites
This course is suited for people who have experience being on development teams or are faced with complex product/project development efforts. Individuals from all levels of the corporate structure who deal with rapidly changing demands and complex efforts. Managers, Testers, PM, Analysts, Developers, managers, directors, C-level functions
Participants should have some practical work experience working with Agile or framework of PMBOK. This is not suitable for people with little to no work history.
Agile project management is as radically different from traditional project management as agile processes are different from traditional methodologies. Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads. In the agile framework known as Scrum, this person is called a ScrumMaster to denote the difference and remind the person filling this role of their new responsibilities. Accepted course participants learn how to be a ScrumMaster and how to make a development team, a project, or an organization agile. The ScrumMaster is responsible for the proper execution of the Scrum framework, and manages the resulting changes within the organization. Exercises, case studies, simulations and experiences are used throughout the course to bring home the realization of how Scrum can work. We will also show how the roles of ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team form a critical tripod for effective agile development. All participants are expected to understand Scrum basics prior to attending this course.
It is vital that today’s agile practitioners be able to retain what they have learned and apply it to their jobs. Our training leverages modern adult learning with both robust simulations and discussion. We train so that participants can put the ideas presented to practical use: your results are our validation
The course is an intensive interactive session designed to leverage your experiences so that you can learn the practice of Scrum in the context of what you know. We will be leveraging the diverse backgrounds of the attendees through facilitated discussion and simulation. The following concepts will be covered:
• Overview of Scrum and Agility
• What Agility is and why it works
• What Scrum is and why it works
• Balancing Structure and Conversation
• Sprints and Natural Rhythms
• Leveraging Natural Rhythms and Time boxing
• Connecting Sprints Together
• Inspect & Adapt
• Establishing a flow of product delivery
• Roles and Responsibilities
• ScrumMaster, Product Owner and The Team
• Sprint Planning and Release Planning
• Product Backlog & Sprint Backlog
• Informed strategic and tactical views
• User Stories, Other Stories and Building Robust Capabilities
• Building ROI in one step at a time
• How to maintain team focus
• Plans which adapt to emerging situations
• Sprint Review (Demo and Retrospective)
• Engaging critical business involvement to validate
• How to encourage ownership and accountability
• Engaging awareness to foster self-organization
• Emerging design to deal with unforeseen demands
• The power of done and incremental development
• Well Formed Teams
• What is a Well-Formed Team*
• Build trust, gain rapport and move faster
• Great teams & Scrum environments
• From fully collocated to fully distributed
• Cross-functional teams and how to build them
• Building and sustaining teams that perform
• Teams as Capital Assets
• Scaling, the Enterprise and Multi-Team Environments
• Tracking Progress to Inform Decision Making
• Estimating and sizing work items
• Burndown charts & Burnup charts
• Schedule performance, cost performance and business value
What You Will Learn - What For?
• Tap the power of the Scrum framework, navigate extreme complexity
• How to apply and leverage the rhythm of time-boxes
• Inform decision making based on realities encountered
• Break down work with agile analysis
• Enable rapid business response to changing markets
• How to stimulate well-formed teams and how to deploy them to business needs
• Balancing product development
Other Event Details
• Morning and afternoon breaks will be served
• Parking is free and conveniently located right outside
• Lunch is served
See previous evals and insights from past attendees.
When & Where
NOT IN USE 3Back Scrum Agile Training
For invoicing options, large group rates or questions please inquire.
WebForm: Contact Us
Through a comprehensive offering of training, coaching, and consulting services, 3Back will guide your organization to a new level of business perception and action.
Product is Developed by People
The problem with product development is not motivation - your team works hard. The problem is not workload - there is enough capacity. Repeatedly, we observe hard-working teams that just cannot seem to apply their collective skills in the right ways.
At 3Back we believe in human-powered methodologies for developing complex products such as software systems. Our primary focus is on helping teams apply their effort more effectively. We train and coach on Agile development, with an emphasis on the importance of engaging the human side of the equation. As members of the Scrum Alliance we are strong supports of the agile community.
Better teams make better products, faster.
We make teams better.
Please review our policies.