Certified ScrumMaster (CSM) Course. Sydney, November 9-10.
Wednesday, November 9, 2011 at 9:00 AM - Thursday, November 10, 2011 at 5:00 PM (AEDT)
Sydney, New South Wales
Book a course online: http://Scrumology.com/events
This two-day course provides the fundamental principles and practices of Scrum. It gives participants hands-on experience using Scrum and puts theory into action through a variety of interactive and intensive exercises. We have structured this course to ensure that participants leave with practical skills which can be immediately applied to improve their work. Through this course, participants will gain practical experience working with Scrum tools such as the Product Backlog, the Sprint Backlog, Taskboards and Burndown graphs. Participant will also work thought the full Scrum cycle and learn about Scrum activities including the Sprint Planning meeting, the Daily Scrum meetings, the Sprint Review meeting and finally the Retrospective.
Following successful completion of the course, you will be qualified and ready to pass the Scrum Alliance assessment exam. This multiple-choice, online test is required to become a Certified ScrumMaster, which includes a one-year membership in the Scrum Alliance, where additional ScrumMaster-only material and information are available.
We are so confident that you will benefit from our training that we offer a 100% money back guarantee. If you aren’t satisfied with the training you received, contact us within thirty days to receive a full refund of the registration fee, no questions asked.
Here are some comments from recent courses:
"I cant believe we were playing a game come the end of the second sprint. I have to say I felt the pressure and enjoyed it!" -Juan Esteban Monsalve Tobon, Experian Hitwise.
"Well presented, very engaging, very positive presentation. I really enjoyed the course and would recommend it to others." -Robert Lang, CTO
"An enthusiastic presenter with lots of real world experience and knowledge." -Michael Bednorz, Software Engineer Manager
About the Trainer
Kane Mar has been developing, coaching and leading software projects for the last 20 years. He has been an active member of the Agile software development community since 2001, when he first had the opportunity of working with Ken Schwaber. Mar became one of the first 30 Certified Scrum Trainers in 2006, and one of the very first Certified Scrum Coaches in 2007. He has training and coached software teams throughout North America and Northern Europe. Mar's profile at the Scrum Alliance can be found here: http://www.scrumalliance.org/profiles/11-kane-mar
We strongly recommend participants read the following books prior to class. We understand that many participants are busy and don't have the luxury of time. So, to cater for busy professionals we'll send a few documents a week before the class so that you're familiar with Scrum concepts and terminology.
- "Agile Project Management with Scrum", Ken Schwaber. Microsoft Press. 2004
- "Agile Estimating and Planning, Mike Cohn". Prentice Hall. 2005
- "Agile Software Development with Scrum", Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle. Prentice Hall. 2001
Who Should Attend
This course is suitable for anyone working in software development and IT, including Project managers, team leads, and IT/development managers, architects, developers and other team members. If you're looking to expand your knowledge about Agile software development with Scrum, then this course is for you.
- An introduction to Scrum, including the topics: What is Agile software development, Where does Scrum come from, What is Scrum, and the Scrum meetings.
- The product backlog, including the topics: What is the Product Backlog, Size of Backlog items, Writing User Stories and Prioritization.
- Measuring progress, including the topics: Agile Estimating, Planning Poker, Sprint burndown graphs and task boards.
- Software quality, including the topics: Definition of "Done" and Technical debt.
- Roles and responsibilities, including the topics: Scrum Master, Product Owner and The Team.
- Releasing including the topics: Sprints, Release burndown graphs.
- Scaling Scrum, including two different models for Scaling.
- Programmes offered by the Scrum Alliance, and closing activities.
Flickr photo credit: http://www.flickr.com/photos/jonnyr1/
When & Where
Scrumology Pty Ltd
Scrumology Pty Ltd is a boutique Agile software consultancy. We're passionate about Scrum. We consult with, and advise clients at all stages of the Scrum lifecycle from training through to coaching and organizational change.