Certified ScrumMaster - Chicago, IL
Monday, January 18, 2010 at 9:00 AM - Tuesday, January 19, 2010 at 5:00 PM (CST)
Schaumburg, United States
Plan ahead for 2010, reserve your seat now and pay next year.
Click show other payments options in Google checkout.
2 Days - This course results in a Certified ScrumMaster designation from the Scrum Alliance.
Expand beyond classic product/project paradigms and learn why agile/scrum works.
Understand Scrum • Use Agile Metrics and Reports • Apply Adaptive Planning
Agile project management is as radically different from traditional project management as agile processes are different from traditional methodologies. Rather than plan, instruct and direct, the agile project manager facilitates, coaches and leads. In the agile framework known as Scrum, this person is called a ScrumMaster to denote the difference and remind the person filling this role of their new responsibilities. Accepted course participants learn how to be a ScrumMaster and how to make a development team, a project, or an organization agile. The ScrumMaster is responsible for the proper execution of the Scrum framework, and manages the resulting changes within the organization. Exercises, case studies, simulations and experiences are used throughout the course to bring home the realization of how Scrum can work. We will also show how the roles of ScrumMaster, Product Owner and Team form a critical tripod for effective agile development. All participants are expected to understand Scrum basics prior to attending this course.
It is vital that today’s agile practitioners be able to retain what they have learned and apply it to their jobs. Our training leverages modern adult learning with both robust simulations and discussion. We train so that participants can put the ideas presented to practical use: your results are our validation
See previous evals and insights from past students.
The course is an intensive interactive session designed to leverage your experiences so that you can learn the practice of Scrum in the context of what you know. We will be leveraging the diverse backgrounds of the attendees through facilitated discussion and simulation. The following concepts will be covered:
• Overview of Scrum and Agility
• What Agility is and why it works
• What Scrum is and why it works
• Balancing Structure and Conversation
• Sprints and Natural Rhythms
• Leveraging Natural Rhythms and Time boxing
• Connecting Sprints Together
• Inspect & Adapt
• Establishing a flow of product delivery
• Roles and Responsibilities
• ScrumMaster, Product Owner and The Team
• Sprint Planning and Release Planning
• Product Backlog & Sprint Backlog
• Informed strategic and tactical views
• User Stories, Other Stories and Building Robust Capabilities
• Building ROI in one step at a time
• How to maintain team focus
• Plans which adapt to emerging situations
• Sprint Review (Demo and Retrospective)
• Engaging critical business involvement to validate
• How to encourage ownership and accountability
• Engaging awareness to foster self-organization
• Emerging design to deal with unforeseen demands
• The power of done and incremental development
• Well Formed Teams
• What is a Well-Formed Team*
• Build trust, gain rapport and move faster
• Great teams & Scrum environments
• From fully collocated to fully distributed
• Cross-functional teams and how to build them
• Building and sustaining teams that perform
• Teams as Capital Assets
• Scaling, the Enterprise and Multi-Team Environments
• Tracking Progress to Inform Decision Making
• Estimating and sizing work items
• Burndown charts & Burnup charts
• Schedule performance, cost performance and business value
What You Will Learn - What For?
• Tap the power of the Scrum framework, navigate extreme complexity
• How to apply and leverage the rhythm of time-boxes
• Inform decision making based on realities encountered
• Break down work with agile analysis
• Enable rapid business response to changing markets
• How to stimulate well-formed teams and how to deploy them to business needs
• Balancing product development
Participants should have some practical work experience working with Agile. This is not suitable for people with little to no work history.This course is dialog diriven and will require interactive participation.
Other Event Details
• Morning and afternoon breaks will be served
• Parking conveniently located right outside
• Lunch is served
For invoicing options, large group rates or questions please inquire.
3Back is a Scrum Mangement Consulting & Training Company. Improve your results and move your team forward with 3Back’s comprehensive offering of Scrum Training, Scrum Coaching, and Scrum Consulting Services. Invite 3Back to guide your organization to a higher level of business agility that will drive product development and client satisfaction. As accredited members of the Scrum Alliance and the Agile Alliance, we strongly believe in the power of agile methods and support the agile community.
Product is developed by People
The challenge with product development is not motivation – your team works hard. The problem is not workload – there is enough capacity. The true challenge is applying the collective skills and talents with an effective and efficient framework. At 3Back, we believe in human-powered methodologies for developing complex products. We believe in Agile development and engaging the human side of the equation.
Please review our policies.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.