Certified Scrum Trainers Brent Barton and Chris Sterling will lead this 2-day course detailing the Scrum framework.
For people in Scrum roles and people supporting Scrum Teams who want to improve quality and productivity using Scrum, this two day introductory course is a workshop that focuses on “expert practice” for both hard and soft skills. Unlike most introductory courses, this course also allows you to help guide your learning experiences.
Brent and Chris bring the subject to life using hands-on experiential training techniques, facilitated discussion, and real world experiences applying Scrum and helping others apply it. This training course is constructed in a way that also allows for going beyond the basics of the Scrum framework to advanced facilitation, technical practices, release planning and scaling techniques.
Successfully complete this course to receive a 1-year membership to the Scrum Alliance. PMI members receive 14 PDUs for this course.
- Core Scrum
- What feedback loops help us adapt best?
- What does it mean to say, “The Product Backlog is ready?”
- What should we practice more of to pursue mastery?
- How do Self-Organizing Teams function?
- How do we manage impediments in our own environments?
- Use Scrum to organize the class
- Gather feedback from participants to tune the course for maximum value
- Rely heavily on class participation to amplify relevant conversation, exploration, and discovery
- Encourage actionable commitments to extend value beyond the classroom
This is a significant amount of material to cover in 2 days so participants are expected to have a basic understanding of Scrum coming into the class. Please review the Scrum Alliance student resources available at http://www.scrumalliance.org/pages/scrum_student_resources.
When & Where
Agile Advantage (formerly Sterling Barton)
Agile Advantage, Inc. offers software products and consulting services that help companies increase value from their software development budget. Agile methods dramatically improve productivity for small developer teams but scaling Agile across a larger organization presents deeper challenges at the management level.
Agile Advantage bridges the gap between Agile software development methods and more traditional business planning processes. We are passionate about helping teams deliver software more effectively and helping business leverage this increased delivery capability to optimize value to customers. We do this through our consulting, training, and products, including our online Agile project portfolio management tool AgileEVM.com.