Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Agile Product Management. The class is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
|Limited to only 20 seats...
|Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
|14 PDUs Awarded
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "I knew absolutely nothing about Scrum or how it worked and now I feel I have a good baseline that I can use to start using it and adding to that knowledge base." - Don
- "I learned a great deal in a short period (2 days). This class has prepared me to be a successful partner & product owner. The exercises were entertaining while very educational." - David
- "Braintrust did an amazing job keeping the class entertaining and incorporated real life issues a product owner could face with Scrum. I had a great time and excited to share what I've learned with my team." - Rachel
Who should attend?
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
Class Learning Objectives:
- As a CSPO class participant, I want...
- To explain Scrum’s history, so that I can better appreciate Scrum.
- To explain the importance of having team values, so that I can understand how the team has agreed to work together.
- To list situations where using Scrum is appropriate, so that I can better understand why Scrum will benefit my organization.
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process.
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what.
- To select a product, so that I can have a real-world example to base the class exercises on.
- To demonstrate how to create a product vision statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my stakeholders.
- To demonstrate how to create a product roadmap, so that I can chart a class for the team and help build consensus with my stakeholders.
- To demonstrate how to establish user roles and personas, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important stakeholder’s business need.
- To explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can quickly establish enough backlog items so that the team can start sprinting.
- To demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind each backlog item.
- To list how the team will relatively size backlog items, so that I can factor-in implementation complexity, when I assess the overall priority of a backlog item.
- To demonstrate how to quickly assess business value, so that I can establish an initial priority for the backlog items in my product backlog.
- To explain how to tell a good user story from a bad one, so that I can create a better product backlog.
- To list several ways to prioritize my product backlog, so that I can determine what is the best approach for the situation at hand.
- To list and explain the key meetings in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint.
- To demonstrate how to track team progress, so that I can make more informed prioritization decisions and forecast possible release dates.
- To list and explain the additional meetings recommended for Scrum, so that I can improve the overall efficiency of the Scrum process.
- To demonstrate how to play product box, so that I understand the key features that my customer(s) want(s) in my product.
- To list areas where we might get into trouble, so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum.
- An open forum to discuss challenging questions about Scrum, so that I can utilize the collective intelligence of the class participants to brainstorm creative ways to solve problems.
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 14 PDUs
- A two year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) designation (upon successful class completion)
About The Instructor: Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST
Lonnie Weaver-Johnson, CST is the Agile Practice Lead for The Braintrust Consulting Group. She obtained a degree in communications and then went on to a 20+ year career implementing IT projects and leading people through change. Lonnie enjoys transforming people through; coaching, conflict resolution, performance management, and imparting knowledge. Lonnie started working with Scrum in 2006 and her experience has taken her across the United States and to foreign lands such as India and Canada. Helping teams learn and grow together until they reach a high performing stage is Lonnie’s passion. Her candid and patient coaching style helps people understand how to make the necessary behavioral changes to make Scrum work for their teams. She also enjoys partnering with leaders to help them understand how the changes will impact their organization. Lonnie has been an IT leader, a business analyst, a corporate trainer, a ToastMaster officer, a public speaker in her community, and a volunteer at local high schools training kids in team development. In all cases Lonnie brings high energy to her classes, motivates the learners, and uses humor and stories to keep people engaged. To contact Lonnie please e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org or join her on LinkedIn http://www.linkedin.com/in/lonnieweaverjohnson.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.
Have questions about Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) -- Tampa, FL?
Contact The Braintrust Consulting Group