Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) - FREE iPad - St. Louis, MO
Thursday, February 23, 2012 at 8:30 AM - Friday, February 24, 2012 at 4:30 PM (CST)
St. Louis, MO
14 PDUs Awarded
The Braintrust Consulting Group is a
Scrum Alliance Registered Education
No Prerequisites Required
An in-depth two-day immersion into the world of Agile Product Management
• Properly align your development efforts around building the highest business value features first
• Allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer
• Ensure that the right features are being implemented for the right reasons at the right time
• Effectively and efficiently incorporate new insights into the product during the project lifecycle
• Rapidly respond to changing market conditions
• Increase customer satisfaction and time-to-market delivery
• Gain organizational trust and improve your team’s reputation for on-time and on-budget delivery by setting them up for frequent successes
• Achieve greater flexibility and bring value to your organization by adding another tool to your toolbox
• Learn about and use applications for the iPad that support Agile
Arguably the most challenging role on the Scrum team is that of the product owner (PO). The PO is responsible for the product’s return on investment while providing direction and priority on the product’s features. In order to be effective in the role of the PO, a new skill set is necessary to teach the tools of the trade for agile product management.
In this course you will learn how to play Innovation Games™ to understand the desires of your customers for your product. Determine and prioritize features based on both subjective and objective (defensible) strategies, and properly interact and work with your team, ScrumMaster, and stakeholders within the Scrum framework. This course is full of practical, real-world techniques that you can implement immediately at your workplace.
Who Should Attend
Technical professionals associated with the specification, design, development and testing of products will benefit from this two-day program. Some of the professionals this will benefit include:
• Product Managers
• Business Analysts
• Functional/Operational Managers/Directors
• Project Sponsors
• IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
• Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum for Product Management
Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
1. Buy a feature
2. Agile principles
3. List types of defined and empirical work
4. Agile and scrum concepts
5. Product owner deep dive
6. Fact or crap
7. Scrum simulation instructions
8. Create a product vision statement
9. Identifying user roles
10. Develop a persona
11. Seed the product backlog
12. Chinese zodiac points
13. Prioritize your product backlog
14. User story writing workshop
15. Re-prioritize the product backlog
16. Ball points
17. Create a product road-map
18. Create a release plan
19. Product box
20. The Scrum café or Open Space Technologies
About The Instructor: Brian M. Rabon, CST, PMP
Brian is the President of The Braintrust Consulting Group, He holds a BS in computer science from Auburn University and a MS in Electrical Engineering from the University of Alabama at Birmingham. He is an avid author, blogger and speaker at conferences, professional organizations, and user groups around the globe. Brian is an Adjunct Instructor for UAB’s Information Engineering and Management Program, a contract instructor for ASPE, New Horizons, Rally, Version One, and many other quality organizations. Brian is a Certified Scrum Trainer® through the Scrum Alliance and The Braintrust Consulting Group is a Registered Education Provider® for the Scrum Alliance.
Visit Brian's testimonial page at - http://www.yourpmpartner.com/testimonials.html
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this course you must notify us no later than 5 days prior to the course start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.