Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) is an in-depth two day immersion into the world of Agile Product Management. The class is full of practical, real world techniques, which can be implemented immediately at your workplace. This class will allow your organization to enjoy the many advantages Scrum has to offer. Hands-on exercises demonstrate key concepts and let you experience the benefits of Scrum firsthand.
|Limited to only 20 seats...
|Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
|14 PDUs Awarded
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "I knew absolutely nothing about Scrum or how it worked and now I feel I have a good baseline that I can use to start using it and adding to that knowledge base." - Don
- "I learned a great deal in a short period (2 days). This class has prepared me to be a successful partner & product owner. The exercises were entertaining while very educational." - David
- "Braintrust did an amazing job keeping the class entertaining and incorporated real life issues a product owner could face with Scrum. I had a great time and excited to share what I've learned with my team." - Rachel
Who should attend?
- Product Managers/Business Analysts
- Functional/Operational Managers
- Project Sponsors
- IT Leadership (Managers/Directors/VPs/CIOs/CTOs)
- Anyone interested in learning the benefits of Scrum
Class Learning Objectives:
- As a CSPO class participant, I want...
- To explain Scrum’s history, so that I can better appreciate Scrum.
- To explain the importance of having team values, so that I can understand how the team has agreed to work together.
- To list situations where using Scrum is appropriate, so that I can better understand why Scrum will benefit my organization.
- To describe the Scrum framework, so that I can clearly comprehend the Scrum process.
- To describe the roles and responsibilities in Scrum, so that I can understand who does what.
- To select a product, so that I can have a real-world example to base the class exercises on.
- To demonstrate how to create a product vision statement, so that I can establish a guiding light for the product, with the help of my stakeholders.
- To demonstrate how to create a product roadmap, so that I can chart a class for the team and help build consensus with my stakeholders.
- To demonstrate how to establish user roles and personas, so that I can ensure that I don’t miss an important stakeholder’s business need.
- To explain how to seed a product backlog, so that I can quickly establish enough backlog items so that the team can start sprinting.
- To demonstrate how to write user stories, so that I can clearly articulate the who, what, and why behind each backlog item.
- To list how the team will relatively size backlog items, so that I can factor-in implementation complexity, when I assess the overall priority of a backlog item.
- To demonstrate how to quickly assess business value, so that I can establish an initial priority for the backlog items in my product backlog.
- To explain how to tell a good user story from a bad one, so that I can create a better product backlog.
- To list several ways to prioritize my product backlog, so that I can determine what is the best approach for the situation at hand.
- To list and explain the key meetings in Scrum, so that I know what is happening, before, during, and after each sprint.
- To demonstrate how to track team progress, so that I can make more informed prioritization decisions and forecast possible release dates.
- To list and explain the additional meetings recommended for Scrum, so that I can improve the overall efficiency of the Scrum process.
- To demonstrate how to play product box, so that I understand the key features that my customer(s) want(s) in my product.
- To list areas where we might get into trouble, so that I know what to look out for as my organization implements Scrum.
- An open forum to discuss challenging questions about Scrum, so that I can utilize the collective intelligence of the class participants to brainstorm creative ways to solve problems.
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 14 PDUs
- A two year membership to the Scrum Alliance
- The Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) designation (upon successful class completion)
Instructor Bio: Tom Mellor, CST
Tom Mellor has been actively involved in business and IT for over 36 years. A seasoned professional, he has worked in both large and small companies serving in a multitude of capacities and functions. With a rich history in Agile, Tom is passionate about the adoption and use of agile-based product development approaches and in 2004 introduced Agile and Scrum framework into a Fortune 50 company. He trained over 1,000 employees and hundreds outside of the company in the practices and principles of Agile and Scrum and coached and nurtured the use of Scrum on many of project teams. Tom has been a Certified Scrum Trainer since 2008 and served on the Scrum Alliance Board of Directors from March 2008 through October 2010 including a term as chair from September 2009 until October 2010. Purpose driven work for Tom means helping organizations, their leaders, and their teams do modern Agile-based product development processes effectively and he helps them do this through consultation, training and coaching. Tom grew up in Montana and earned a BS Degree in Business Administration from The University of Montana. He now lives in Bloomington, Illinois with his wife, Maryann, and their 3 daughters – Lindsey, Kristen, and Amanda and dog, Penny.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 business days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 business day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.
Have questions about Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) - Atlanta, GA?
Contact The Braintrust Consulting Group