This highly interactive certification course provides in-depth understanding of the Scrum team-based approach to iterative development. The course trains participants in the full range of Scrum topics, from basic theory to organizational implementation, including practical applications, roles, and scaling. This course provides Scrum Alliance Certified Scrum Master certification, 16 PDUs toward PMP recertification and 16 PDUs toward PMI-ACP certification.
Scrum methods support responsive development that:
• Adapts to volatile business needs and ongoing refinement of business solutions
• Drives efficient and effective production
• Ensures closer adherence to customers’ real-world needs through streamlined planning
• Supports faster deployment of production-grade solutions so your organization can gain market advantage and business value
• Reduces project risk through rapid iterations of development that inform opportunity assessments
When this course has been completed, attendees will have gained in-depth practical knowledge of Scrum and its benefits.
Topics included in this course are:
• Agile foundational concepts
– Defined vs. Empirical process control
– The Agile Manifesto
– The 12 Agile Principles
• Scrum concepts
– Theory and principles
– How the Scrum approach supports agile principles
– Planning and tracking with Scrum
– Shippable functionality and getting to Done
• Scrum roles and responsibilities
– Product Owner
– Self-organized Team
• Scrum artifacts
– Product backlog
– Release burndown
– Sprint backlog
– Sprint burndown
• Scrum meetings
– Release planning
– Sprint planning
– Daily scrum
– Sprint review
– Sprint retrospective
• Requirements analysis
– Estimating and prioritizing product backlog items
– Technical debt
– Scaling across multiple teams and multiple geographies
– Tips on, techniques for, and benefits of helping clients and management understand the Scrum system
– How to transition into use of Scrums, with a review of management and team challenges associated with the transition, along with strategies to respond to those challenges
When & Where
MARK LAYTON is an industry-recognized expert on project/program management and active coach on complex Agile implementations.
He is the Los Angeles chair for the Agile Project Leadership Network and the founder of Platinum Edge, Inc., an organization improvement company that supports businesses looking to strategically improve project ROI.
Mark holds MBAs from the University of California, Los Angeles, and the National University of Singapore; a B.Sc. (summa cum laude) in Behavioral Science from Pitzer College/University of La Verne; and an A.S. in Electronic Systems from the Air Force’s Air College. He is also a Distinguished Graduate of the Air Force’s Leadership School, a certified Project Management Professional (PMP), and a Certified Scrum Trainer.
He is the author of Wiley & Sons “Agile Project Management for Dummies” series and is a frequent speaker on Lean, Scrum and other agile solutions.