This class is aimed at helping software development professionals and teams be more effective when implementing Scrum and other Agile software development methodologies. In an effort to raise the effectiveness of Scrum, the Scrum Alliance has created the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) program. This class is designed to deliver the core Agile Development Practices Learning Objectives of that program and should prepare the participant to successfully pass the Scrum Alliance CSD Candidate Assessment.
|Limited to only 12 seats...
|Sign-up now in order to ensure your spot is reserved!
|21 PDUs Awarded
Certified Scrum Developer (CSD)
What others are are saying about us:
- "This was the biggest "bang for the buck" of any class I've ever taken (in 18 years of professional development)." - Heather
- "The class was extremely helpful in helping me find my role as ScrumMaster on my team." - Michael
- "I was pleasantly surprised that after only two days I now have a foundation to begin using Scrum at my agency." - Kevin
Who should attend?
- Software Developers
- Software Development Managers
- Software Architects
- A fundamental understanding of practical Object Oriented Programming practices
- A laptop with a working development environment that you can bring to class with you
- Prior class completion of either:
- Scrum Essentials (1 day class)
- Certified ScrumMaster (2 day class)
Class Learning Objectives:
- As a Agile Engineering class participant, I want to...
- Understand my role on a Scrum team so that the team is successful in meeting sprint and release goals.
- Clearly understand user stories so that I can deliver the right functionality.
- Write effective unit tests so that I will know when the code is done.
- Quickly and accurately break down requirements so that the work of delivering business value can be planned effectively.
- Write high quality code and be able to evaluate code quality so that the project is not slowed down in the future by poor quality code (aka technical debt).
- Work collaboratively and efficiently with the other members of my Scrum team so that the sprint goal is achieved.
- Write small tests then write the code to pass the tests and clean up the code so that I can work quickly and efficiently.
- Create software components that are maintainable and efficient so that the product will have a long life and adapt to new requirements easily.
- Have a common language to use when discussing application design with other developers so that we can quickly and accurately describe the system design.
- Clean up my new code safely so that the new code is flexible and easy to understand.
- Use automatic tools to refactor so that I can concentrate on delivering the needed functionality.
- Verify that my code works in the system and does not break the system as often as possible so that issues are discovered quickly and the project is almost always in a state that can be demonstrated.
- Use a build system that automatically builds the system and runs all automated tests so that integrating often is as easy as possible.
- Learn while not being bored and having fun
- Retain more information because of our unique hands-on approach; based on the latest research into brain science
- Be entertained by stories from our real-world experienced and knowledgeable instructors
- Maximize investments already made by gaining valuable Professional Development Units (PDUs)
- Increase your personal worth within your company and in the marketplace
- Easy to use reminders of Scrum
- Printed class manual
- Scrum reference card
- Thumbdrive loaded with; articles, class exercises, whitepapers, etc...
- 21 PDUs
- Fulfill one of the requirements for the Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification
About The Instructor: Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD
Erick Fleming, CSM, JCD, MCT, MSCD is a certified .NET and Java Developer with over 17 years of programming and training experience. Erick holds a Bachelor's Degree in Management Information Systems from University of South Florida. Erick is an instructor for The Braintrust Consulting Group, a provider of complete project management solutions for a wide range of software related projects. Braintrust blends People, Process, Tools, and Training into one seamless formula in order to help their clients break through roadblocks, improve processes, meet deadlines, and exceed goals. In addition, Erick has spent most of his career training and consulting with organizations on technologies ranging from .NET and Java to Linux and other open source tools. Specializing in cloud-based web solutions. To contact Erick please e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Organizations That We Have Trained:
- American Airlines
- Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Department of Homeland Security
- Earnst & Young
- Emory University
- H&R Block
- Thomson Reuters
- Tractor Supply
- Vanderbilt University
- Many, many, more...
In order to receive a refund of your tuition for this class you must notify us no later than 5 days prior to the class start date. Cancellation requests received after the 5 day window will be issued a credit that can be applied towards a future class.
We may on some occasions share your email address with a limited number of our trusted partners. We do not sell your personal information and we treat your privacy with the utmost regard. Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any concerns.