Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
How can we work with families most effectively?
What does it mean to be a quality Family Strengthening and Support program?
How can managers, direct service staff, and families work together to develop and sustain quality programs?
This full-day certification training on the new Standards of Quality for Family Strengthening & Support details how the Principles of Family Support Practice and the Strengthening Families Approach, with its research-based, evidence-informed 5 Protective Factors, can be applied together to enhance work with families.
Whether you are setting up a new program or strengthening an existing one, the Standards provide a blueprint for implementing best practice. Participants who complete the full session will receive a certification from the California Network of Family Strengthening Networks, valid for two years. Continental breakfast, lunch, and training materials are included.
Please note: Check-in and continental breakfast with coffee will begin at 8:30 AM. The training will begin promptly at 9:00 AM;
Who should come?
- CNFSN Member agencies
- Management and direct service staff in the Family Support and Strengthening field. Teams of Executive Directors, Managers, Coordinators, and direct service staff are highly encouraged, because each has a key role to play in implementing the Standards effectively
- Program officers and contract managers in the Family Support and Strengthening field
- Overview of the Principles of Family Support Practice
- Overview of the Strengthening Families Approach and its 5 Protective Factors
- Family Centeredness -- How can we develop and implement a program that is centered on the needs of families?
- Family Strengthening -- How can we help families to build upon their strengths for achieving success?
- Embracing Diversity -- How can staff and families embrace the many facets of diversity?
- Community Building -- How can Programs and families build strong communities?
- Evaluation -- How do we know how well our Programs are serving families?
Samantha Florey, Strategies
Heather Nemour, San Diego Family Support Network
When & Where
Families and Communities Together (FaCT)
Families and Communities Together (FaCT) is a partnership between the County of Orange Social Services Agency and Orangewood Children's Foundation.
Since 1994, FaCT has provided support and services to children and families through community-based collaborative operating family resource centers. FaCT supports these community-based centers by providing program development and administration, funding, and training. FaCT receives federal, state, and county funds including Promoting Safe and Stable Families, Office of Child Abuse Prevention, California Emergency Management Agency, and the Children and Families Commission of Orange County as well as private donations.