San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
It’s almost like the definition of insanity. Business people everywhere are taught that we need an “elevator speech” just as much as we need a business card, a website, and air to breathe in order to be successful. But the crazy part is NO ONE likes to give those canned elevator speeches and NO ONE likes to hear them because they’re usually full of blah, blah, blah meaningless marketing drivel and feel so contrived and just yucky. You may need a shower just thinking about it!
More importantly, evidence proves even the most well-crafted and best-delivered elevator speeches don’t work to bring in new business. Come hear national social networking expert Felicia Slattery talking on getting beyond that trite staple, the elevator speech, and achieving more effective communication with potential customers/clients.
But if you find you're free at the last minute, just come!
Connect with the CEO Series on Facebook and be the first to know when we announce new speakers and topics for these FREE seminars.The CEO Series page gives you a convenient way to check for updates on upcoming speakers and topics, keep up with people you meet at events, and conveniently nominate speakers or suggest topics you’d like the CEO Series to cover. You can also post other meetings or information of interest to your fellow business owners and management. Join us there today!
Business attorney Bill Price, social media marketing expert Brian Basilico, and business growth consultant Ellen Huxtable organize these free seminars for business owners and entrepreneurs. On the second Thursday of each month (except August), they offer networking time (with excellent coffee from our cosponsor, I Have A Bean!), a presentation by a local CEO or business expert, and a Q&A session.
Have ideas on topics you’d like the CEO Series to cover
or suggestions for CEOs who have interesting experiences to share?
Contact Bill Price at 800.630.4780 or email@example.com ...
or visit the CEO Series on Facebook.
* * * * * * *
CEO SERIES: Local experts helping west suburban businesses prosper.
- Advantage Business Concepts (www.advantage-biz.com) offers customized solutions for achieving breakthrough strategies and tactics.
- B2b Interactive Marketing (www.B2b-im.com) can help you understand and implement social media/relationship marketing
- GrowthLaw (www.growthlaw.com) is a business-focused law firm dedicated to helping client businesses grow, including through purchase, merger or recapitalization.
- College of DuPage SBDC
- Congregational Church of Batavia Small Business Networking Group
- Entrepreneurial Roundtable, U of C-Booth Graduate School of Business
- First State Bank
- Fox Valley Computing Professionals
- Greater Naperville LinkedIn group
- I Have a Bean
- Joseph Associates International
- Kellogg Alumni Club of Chicago – West
- Knapp Center for Entrepreneurship, Illinois Institute of Technology
- Midwest Entrepreneurs Forum
When & Where
The CEO Series is the continuing project of three local firms dedicated to helping DuPage County businesses. GrowthLaw (Bill Price) is a business-focused law firm dedicated to helping client businesses grow. Advantage Business Concepts (Ellen Huxtable) offers customized solutions for your business on everything from effective time management through structuring for growth and recognizing strategic opportunities, and B2b Interactive Marketing Inc (Brian Basilico) helps companies and non-profits market their products and services through the effective use of online tools including: websites, blogs, eMail, social networking, Google, S.E.O., YouTube, and more.