Mingle with and then enjoy a panel discussion between most of the original eight women who ran Boston in 1972 - the first year women were officially allowed to participate.
Hosted by WBZ-TV's Lisa Hughes, this should be a fascinating and inspiring evening with:
- Roberta Gibb - the first woman ever to run Boston (in 1966)
- Katherine Switzer - the first woman to run with an official number (in 1967)
- Nina Kuscsik - women's winner in 1972
- Sara Mae Berman - fastest woman in 69-71 and ran in 72
- Patricia (Pat) Barrett - ran in 72
- Valerie Rogosheske - ran in 72
Attendees will pay a small donation that will go to Dreamfar High School Marathon, a charity that teaches at-risk high school students that anything is possible, even completing a marathon.
Read more about Dreamfar here: http://www.dreamfarhsm.org/