San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The UC Berkeley Black Alumni Club cordially invites you to “Celebrating Excellence” on Saturday February 16, 2013. Please join us on campus at the Alumni House from 2pm – 4pm.
This event will honor the achievements and service of both current and past Vice-Chancellors
- Harry LeGrande Vice Chancellor for Student Affairs;
- Gibor Basri Vice Chancellor - Equity and Inclusion;
- Russ Ellis Former Vice Chancellor of Undergraduate Affairs; and
- Dan Boggan Former Vice Chancellor for Business and Administration
Come help us celebrate the accomplishments of our honorees and their decades of service to the University and learn more about the Black Alumni Club. You will have the opportunity to reconnect with old friends and meet current faculty and staff.
Light refreshments will be provided.
This event is open to all alums and is free of charge so feel free to forward this invitation to others. Please RSVP by February 8, 2013.
When & Where
UC Berkeley Black Alumni Club
The University of California, Berkeley Black Alumni Club (“BAC”) is committed to serving and uniting African-American alumni and students of the University of California, Berkeley. BAC’s mission includes the recruitment of prospective students; retention, development, and matriculation of existing students; and networking and career advancement opportunities for alumni. BAC’s goal is to maintain a community for UC Berkeley African-American alums, and to recognize our achievements and contributions to the University. Additionally, BAC strives to promote the history of African-Americans at the University and contributions to the Bay Area, state of California, and the nation. Key activities include:
- Awarding scholarships for existing and prospective UC Berkeley students;
- Connect alumni to each other and the University through meaningful communication, programs and events;
- Encourage investment and support for the University in its successful pursuit of excellence in teaching, research and service, particularly as it pertains to the African American community;
- Celebrate the rich history of UC Berkeley Black alumni through building upon the best of our traditions and accomplishments.
The BAC is an alumni group organized under the California Alumni Association. The leadership structure consists of six elected executive officers, as well as eight administrative committees: Activities, Fundraising, Membership, Mentor Program, Correspondence, Recruitment, Retention, and Scholarship.