San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Celebrate Curiosity: A Party on Mars
The raw excitement of planetary exploration is captured at Celebrate Curiosity, with over 1000 of your fellow explorers, friends, party goers, celebrities, scientists, artists, and space enthusiasts. Join us, as we take a thrilling dive into discovering the possibilities at the cosmic frontier in style
Our Martian Party kicks off after the first day of Planetfest and spans two floors for an out-of-this world experience. As you mingle with your friends and make new ones along the way, keep your eyes peeled back for space industry persons of interest from Virgin Galactic, SpaceX, and NASA. During the course of the evening, catch sightings and conversations from the most interesting Space Entrepreneurs, Sci-fi Authors, Screen Stars, and Personalities!
Bill Nye the Science Guy at BlackStarr's Yuri's Night, April 2012
What to expect at Celebrate Curiosity:
Interactive Galactic Art
- Get creative with Andrea Lofthouse
- Planetary projections with NASA JPL's Dan Goods
- Beautiful Spaceman renderings from Ryan Stuit of Subtractive
- LED Hula Artists!
- Gorgeous Spacecraft models and Spacesuits Global Effects
- Amazing light shows with Syd Klinge's far-out Tesla Coils!
- Customized t-shirts with photo print options or original artwork printed while you wait, by Inside the Orange
Socialize with Space Games!
- The NASA Mars Rover Landing XBox Kinect game
- Interactive video games such as The Aero from GameDesk
- Take a ride on The Spacebike by Eric Gradman and Robb Godshaw of Two Bit Circus
- Play interactuve party games with the Wise Guys
- Make new friends with Interplanetary Twister!
- Gift baskets from ThinkGeek
- SpaceGeek T-shirts from The Planetary Society
- I Dream of Space will raffle posters and a chance to go to Space!
- Adorn yourself with a selection of complimentary blinky lights and glowy things
- Intergalactic Girls passing out Space Swag from the likes of SpaceX, NASA, and more
- Get dazzled with spaced out music spun by Ancient Lasers and our Surprise Guest DJs
- Outdoor Dance Floor and Reserved seating
- Dance to the undulating cosmic lights of the Jellypuss
- Enjoy tasty Martian tacos and cosmic drink specials from El Cholo, Martian hot dogs from Gourmet Quickie, and Martian Pizza from Bella's Pizza.
Short Speaker Sessions!
- CEO of The Planetary Society, Bill Nye the Science Guy, hosts breakout talks
- Starting at 6pm- Short speaker sessions from prolific space advocates. Speaker slots are assigned the day of the event.
5-10 minutes talks from the following speakers during the time period of 6-8:30pm:
5-10 minutes talks from the following speakers during the time period of 8:30-11pm:
- Matt Clausen, Art Director, NASA JPL, Mars Rover Landing game designer
- John Spencer, Founder, Space Tourism Society
- Emily Lakdawalla, The Planetary Society
- Jonathan Vos Post, Inventor, Author, Scientist
- Melissa Rice, NASA JPL, MSL team
Rob Manning, Flight System Chief Engineer JPL
- Bill Nye, CEO, The Planetary Society
- Elon Musk, CEO, SpaceX
- George Whitesides, CEO, Virgin Galactic
- Reichart Von Wolfsheild, Host, History Channel's Invention USA
- ... and a special "Guest" Speaker from NASA
Don't forget to show off your Martian themed apparel and costumes by taking pictures at one of our sassy souvenir Photo Booths
Cosmic DJ Ancient Lasers and the pulsing light show Jellypuss!
We have much more up our sleeves, and will continue to tantalize you with the possibilities of A Party on Mars over the next week!
This is an all ages event, but ticketing for those over 14 is mandatory and tickets are limited!
Garage parking is available near the venue.
Dress to impress and be sure to wear your intergalactic best!
Our favorite Mars Rover Costume, so far
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for inquiries, involvement, and available sponsorships.
When & Where
BlackStarr Creative is a collective of experience architects specializing in integrating space, biotech, and high technology into popular culture.