Thursday, September 5, 2013 from 8:30 AM to 4:30 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
9th Annual Conservation Easement Workshop
Hosted by the Madison-Morgan Conservancy and the GA Land Trust
Thursday, September 5, 2013
8:30 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Reception to follow
Topics and Speakers include:
- Legal Structure and Ethics of Conservation Easements: Katherine Eddins, GA Land Trust
- Case Law Review: David Wooldridge, Sirote and Permutt, P.C.
- Appraisals that Work: Joe Ball, MAI, Pritchett, Ball, & Wise, Inc.
- GA's Add Back of the Federal Charitable Donation: Stephanie Surles, Howard, Moore, & McDuffie, P.C.
- GA's Conservation Tax Credit: Kristina Sorensen, Conservation Tax Transfer, LLC
When & Where
Georgia's first county-wide conservancy is creating a culture of conservation! With a holistic approach to conservation, the Conservancy has helped permanently protect over 1,750 acres through donated conservation easements, provided excellent educational programming, and helped retain the quality of life here in beautiful Morgan County by supporting balanced growth and protection of our critical natural, agricultural, and historic resources. Come FARMeander through Morgan County with us to experience the bounty of Morgan County - local meats, veggies, eggs, nuts, and fruit tantilizing your tastebuds.