CCCBD 2014 FALL Affective Needs Conference
Friday, November 14, 2014 from 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM (MST)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
The Colorado Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders
This is now a Fall conference, there will not be one in January. This is your only chance until next Fall!
2014 Affective Needs Conference
At the Doubletree Hotel, 3203 Quebec St. Denver
Conference: November 14, 2014
Registration from 7:30 to 8:30
Conference from 8:00 to 4:00
Visit our website for more information: www.colorado-ccbd.org
The Colorado Council for Children with Behavioral Disorders and the Colorado Department of Education is sponsoring a one-day skill-building and awareness-level conference on meeting the affective needs of students. This conference will be beneficial for any professional who works with students with significant affective needs in a school environment, as well as those who are preparing for a career in this field. The conference will focus on the social, emotional and behavioral needs of all students, with a strong focus on “Tier 2 and Tier 3” information and interventions.
Our Keynote Speaker
Who is Jonathan Friesen?
• Fourteen-year public school teacher (both classroom and special ed.)
• Expert on bullying prevention and intervention, teen isolation and ostracism, and a host of disability issues. A
captivating presenter who draws from his own life lived with Tourette Syndrome & Epilepsy
• Author of Jerk, California and Rush (Penguin, USA), The Last Martin (Zondervan) and two works-in-progress
with Puffin and Zondervan
• Recipient of the American Library Association’s 2009 Schneider Family Book Award and the Library Media
Connection’s Editor’s Choice Award for his debut novel, Jerk, California
• Founder of WriteHomeStudio with the goal of raising up writers of excellence
• Board member of the Minnesota Tourette Syndrome Association
Breakout sessions will include topics such as PBIS, autism, new SIED guidelines and behavior management.
We are going paperless, and to support this, WE NOW HAVE WI-FI FOR ALL ATTENDEES, so bring your device!