San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Into the Sound
A journey into South East Asia's sounds, inside a tunnelthat is transformed,
for one night only, into an enchanted Cave.
Gamelan Sekar Jaya - Balinese music and dance ensemble
Laura Inserra - Hang and Khene
Alyssa DeCaro - Body of Sound
& members of Gamelan X
Ni Ketut Arini (Dance Director), recent recipient of the prestigious "Predikat Maestro" award, is one of Bali’s most well-known and well-loved performing artists, and an expert on classical Balinese female style dance.
Artistic Director Laura Inserra
Saturday May 18, 2013 9:30pm
Hawk Hill Tunnel - Marin Headlands, Sausalito
Hawk Hill Tunnel is located in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area (GGNRA)
Visit the website: www.CaveConcert.org
- Come early, enjoy the scenery and the beauty of this area, pack a picnic, and get closer parking. Don’t miss the marvelous sunset!
- Carpool! Parking is limited please share a ride to the concert. It's green, free and fun!
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have special needs.
- Tickets does not include chair. Bring your own low beach chair, backjack, meditation bench, or blanket and pillows. Full height chairs will be set to rear. We provide regular chairs only for the VGP tickets area.
- Our Cave Crew will assist you in getting the best seat available.
- Dress warmly in layers, you will be waiting outside. It could be cold, foggy and windy.
- Bring a flashlight. There are no streetlights, and you will be walking to and from your car.
- Concert held rain or shine. However, being a tunnel, there is shelter from rain.
- Ages 10 and older only.
- Advance tickets only. No tickets will be sold at the event.
- Please no smoking, alcohol, incense, glass containers, or pets.
Directions to Hawk Hill Tunnel, Marin Headlands, immediately north of the Golden Gate:
From 101 going north: Cross over the Golden Gate Bridge, and take the second exit, Alexander Ave. Stay in the left lane and you will come quickly to a stop sign.Turn left, cross under the highway and follow the road back towards the bridge. Just before the San Francisco on ramp, turn right and uphill onto Conzelman Rd.
From 101 going south: Take the last exit before the bridge, after the tunnel, labeled Sausalito. Turn left onto the frontage road and then immediately right and uphill onto Conzelman Road.
Once on Conzelman Road: Start the long scenic climb up the hill. Stay left at the roundabout where McCullough Rd. comes in from the right. At the roundabout you will be greeted as sunset approaches by a Cave Concert Parking Crew Member. The concert is held near the top of Hawk Hill.
Note that the gate here will close just before show time at 9:30 PM. If locked, there is parking at the McCullough Rd. junction. It is about half of a mile walk uphill to the tunnel. Bring a flash light with you. Please quietly enter the tunnel!
Come early to enjoy the wonderful view of the Golden Gate!
Parking is limited! Please carpool if possible.
A Map is available for download showing the many roads, trails, beaches, campsites, hostel, lighthouse, and other historical elements of your National Park for you to explore at: http://www.nps.gov/goga/planyourvisit/upload/map-mahe-2d.pdf
When & Where
Samavesha is a multidisciplinary performing arts and music non-profit organization with the mission of bringing performing art events to the community, exploring the intersection of traditional art forms with contemporary artistic languages, and creating the awareness of the vital importance of creativity and art in human lives as a source of a healthy living.
With many years of experience in various forms of art and live performances around the world, Samavesha creates a platform for local and international artists to participate and engage in collaborative events that bring awareness of artistic expression and environmental responsibility. Samavesha unites art, nature, and community. www.samavesha.org
Into the Sound