Writing Workshop in San Diego
Learn to write copy that moves people to act
in this 2-day, hands-on writing Master Class
If you want to Catch Your Readers, you need to think like a reader. Then you need to use the bait your reader likes, not the bait you like. Problem is, many of the techniques we've institutionalized in business communication writing are not the bait the reader likes.
In this persuasive writing workshop, we'll debunk destructive writing myths. (You're not still married to the inverted pyramid, are you?!) Your team will leave with scientific, proven-in-the-lab approaches for getting people to pay attention to, understand, remember and act on your messages.
Specifically, you’ll learn to how to:
- Think Like a Reader: Move people to act
- Go Beyond the Inverted Pyramid: Master a more effective structure
- Cut Through the Clutter: Make every piece you write measurably easier to read and understand
- Lift Your Ideas Off the Page Or Screen: Reach flippers and skimmers, increase readership
- Transform Your Story From “Meh” to Masterpiece: Bring your laptop and a story to work on, write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece.
Registration starts at 8 a.m.
Select your VIP level
- Two days of training
- Lunch each day (Please do let us know about your dietary issues and aversions when you register)
- Coffee and tea each morning
- Workbook for capturing your ideas and insights
Get more than $200 worth of learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Silver level
- More than $200 worth of learning tools:
- Think Like a Reader toolkit, a $127 value
- Cut Through the Clutter manual, a $49 value
- Get Good at Getting the Goods handbook, a $27.50 value
- Block Busters handbook, a $17.50 value
Get $297 worth of additional learning tools for just $100:
- Everything at the Gold level
- 12-month subscription to Rev Up Readership, a $297 value
Get follow-up support — plus an exclusive conversation with Ann:
- Everything at the Platinum level
- A 30-minute one-on-one phone consult with Ann after the workshop (a $500 value)
Sorry: only 10 Diamond tickets available!
Q. What are some of the hotels nearby?
A. Hotels near the master class.
- Homewood Suites San Diego Airport-Liberty Station
- Courtyard San Diego Airport/Liberty Station
- Holiday Inn San Diego - Bayside
- Consulate Hotel
- Best Western Yacht Harbor Hotel
- The Pearl Hotel
- Humphreys Half Moon Inn & Suites
- Bay Club Hotel & Marina
- Best Western Plus Island Palms Hotel & Marina
- Sheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
You can also view these hotels on our Pinterest map.
Please contact hotels directly for room rates and booking.
Q. What about parking and driving directions?
A. LSCC Driving & Parking Directions.
Q. Can I cancel my ticket if I can't make it?
A. Can’t make it? Please feel free to send a colleague in your place. No charge for substitutions. If you must, cancel via email:
- Cancel via email by April 28, and receive a full refund, minus a $50 handling fee.
- Cancel via email by May 28, and receive a 75% refund.
- Sorry, no refunds after May 28.
Q. Do you offer any discounts?
A. We have no doubt that the Master Class will be the best $1,200 you invest this year on your professional development. But here are six ways to reduce that investment or boost your return on it:
- Save $100 – book an early bird ticket when you register by April 27 May 28 - deadline extended!
- Save $100 if you’re a PRSA member. (Join PRSA.) Save $100 if you’re a Rev Up Readership member. (Join Rev Up Readership.) Click “Enter promotional code”. RevUpReadership members: Enter your RevUpReadership.com password. Others: Enter your promo code.
- Save $100 each when you bring two or more colleagues.
- Save $50 each when you bring one colleague.
- Earn a free, three-month Rev Up Readership subscription (or extension, if you’re already a member) — a $100 value — when you refer a friend who buys a ticket and attends the Master Class.
|VIP Level||Non-member||Rev Up Readership or PRSA member|
|Single||Double||3 or more||Single||Double||3 or more|
|Silver||Before May 28||$1,095||$1,045||$995||$995||$945||$895|
|After May 28||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095||$1,095||$1,045||$995|
|Gold||Before May 28||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095||$1,095||$1,045||$995|
|After May 28||$1,295||$1,245||$1,195||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095|
|Platinum||Before May 28||$1,295||$1,245||$1,195||$1,195||$1,145||$1,095|
|After May 28||$1,395||$1,345||$1,295||$1,295||$1,245||$1,195|
|Diamond||Before May 28||$1,695||$1,645||$1,595||$1,595||$1,545||$1,495|
|After May 28||$1,795||$1,745||$1,695||$1,695||$1,645||$1,595|
Q. Can I bring my writing sample to the workshop?
A. Yes, you can bring your writing samples to the workshop.
Q. Where can I contact the organizer with any questions?
A. Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to contact us.
Q. Can I update my registration information?
A. Yes, you can go to your ticket and update your registration information and dietary preferences.
Q. Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the workshop?
A. Yes, please carry a copy of the ticket to the workshop
When & Where
Ann Wylie works with communicators who want to reach more readers and with organizations that want to get the word out.