Casting Call for SD Tantra Theater!
Wednesday, February 20, 2013 from 6:45 PM to 9:00 PM (PST)
San Diego, United States
TO AUDITION: Are you inspired to explore spirituality and sexuality onstage?
Join us for a Free Open Stage and Auditions
Wednesday, Feb. 20, 2013,
No experience necessary!
"How would YOU like to be onstage, or in front of the camera telling your story?"
"I'm too shy" you might say or "I don't have the experience" or "who would listen to me?"
But that's just your fear talking. Your higher self knows you are destined to shine.
If the thought of performing terrifies you, you're not alone. Most Americans fear public speaking more than death! Yet Tantra Theater invites you to feel the fear and do it anyway!
We want to witness you living your life to the fullest, with no regrets!
· Read carefully through our website:http://www.tantratheater.tv/ and
these audition guidelines.
· Watch us perform (if you haven't already)
· RSVP to tell us you are interested in auditioning, and directions will be sent to you upon confirmation.
· Come to the next scheduled audition. You needn’t prepare anything!
Feb. 20th Auditions for 2013.
This first free gathering is an open house where to see if you have what it takes and if you resonate with Kamala's directing style. Theater is a transformative group process where we delve into personal history and
have fun re-scripting the sexual and spiritual stories that have been holding us back.
· If we like each other and feel creative synergy, you will either be asked come to a callback audition or be invited to join the next 90-day journey.
The journey involves at least 9 rehearsals and a private session that culminate in a public performance and/or a video recording of 3-10 minutes of a polished performance which you can show your friends and lovers.
Next Audition Feb. 20th.
Must be available to rehearse weekly on Wednesdays at 6:45pm.
March: 6, 13, 20
April: 3, 10, 17
May: 1, 8, 13
May: *24, *25 (*possible show dates)
Private rehearsals during Tech week (May 19th-23rd)
June 5: Wrap Party!
It is required that you miss no more than 3 classes AND dress rehearsal is mandatory.
WHAT WE OFFER:
· Deep heart connections with cast and crew
· Opportunity to grow as a person and performer
· The opportunity to safely perform to audience of over 100 people
· Commemorative video of your performance
· Performing for many different circumstances in a broad range of venues
· Opportunity to affect Social change
· Visibility through video clips on on www.tantratheater.tv
· Rehearse 6:30-9:30pm once per week for 9 weeks (Plus longer later hours during tech-week, on the week before the showcase.)
· 2 hour Private coaching to develop your personal narrative.
· 10 hours of personal homework, writing, rehearsing and at least 1-2 hours/month of volunteer work.
· Upon first joining, you'll be invited to take part in an 9-week deep personal growth course to get your skills up to performance level.
· The course fee for this life-changing series is $597.
San Diego Tantra Theater has (3) three levels of participation: Personal, Transpersonal & Crew.
1) PERSONAL: We're seeking open-minded individuals who are interested in radical personal growth, no performance experience necessary. The Tantra Theater training provides a safe, challenging, non-judgmental space for spiritual seekers to experience their full expression. The training is a 90-day course that culminates in a showcase.
2) TRANSPERSONAL: (Professional) We're also seeking experienced Performance artists with improvisational skills, who are also empathic listeners who love serving the community. The San Diego Tantra Theater Troupe is a collective of spiritual artists who explore and empower sacred sexuality on stage. We collaborate to create performances that promote a greater understanding of sacred sexual issues in conscious communities within and beyond San Diego.
Our personal, vulnerable and sometimes controversial presentations inspire learning, open discussion and spiritual awakening. During performance, both artists and audience have an opportunity to realize the creative power within their sex center. Using comedy, drama, and dance, we aim to educate, entertain and enlighten.
(Prerequisite: Two or more 90-day courses or equivalent experience are necessary to become a member of the troupe.)
3) CREW: We can always use helping hands with lights, camera, sound, costume, props, concessions, ushering and fluffing. Experience, availability and positive attitude are appreciated! Our budget is limited but experienced Stage Management and video work may be compensated. Most other work is volunteer or trade for free attendance. We currently have a small, overworked team of groupies who are excited to expand the team.
MISSION STATEMENT: SD Tantra Theater Troupe combines ritual and performance to transmute sexual guilt, shame and fear into art, healing and liberation. We celebrate that every aspect of life's drama is sacred.
TANTRA THEATER TROUPE is a collective of artist, healers and teachers that produce performances, workshops and events for personal growth.
Created in 2009 under the direction of author and Tantra Teacher, Kamala Devi, Tantra Theatre has performed locally as well as at national sacred sex conferences and festivals.
for more information Write:firstname.lastname@example.org
...TO JOIN OUR TANTRA COMMUNITY. We are abundant, fun and open minded. Experience it for yourself. Here is a calendar of upcoming events in San Diego. Find an event that fits your schedule and write us ASAP because we often sell out!! Location and details will be sent when register or write email@example.com. Space is limited (love is not.) Visit this page often because we are constantly adding new events.
In order to purchase these tickets in installments, you'll need an Eventbrite account. Log in or sign up for a free account to continue.