Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Who will be voted the best celebrity dancer in the Peoria Area? Find out on Saturday, November 2, 2013, at 6:00PM at the Par-a-Dice Hotel and Casino Ballroom when CASA (Court Appointed Special Advocates) of Peoria County presents its largest fundraiser, the 8th Annual, “CASAblanca – Dancing with the Local Stars”.
The event will feature eight Peoria Area dignitaries, business leaders, and celebrities paired with eight of the area’s talented instructors in a dance competition. Guest judges and event attendees will determine the “2013 Critics Choice Award” at the end of the dance competition. Do you have a favorite dancer? You can vote for them (in the form of dollars donated) to determine the “2013 People’s Choice Award”. Each dollar equates to one vote. So, donate $25 and your favorite dancer will receive 25 votes. Visit our website at www.CASAPeoria.org and make sure your favorite dancer wins!
The Local Stars and Dancing Pros include:
- Lesley Matuszak, CEO, Boys & Girls Club of Greater Peoria; with Mike Hinchman, Adjunct Professor, Illinois Central College and dance instructor strutting their stuff with an East Coast Swing/Rhumba Mix.
- Teri Cook, Owner, Cook Travel and Cruise; with Apollo Shaw, Dance Instructor, Peoria Latin Vibe Dance Company floating across the floor in Bachata style.
- Sarah Zallek, MD, OSF St. Francis Hospital; with Hal Weatherford, Dance Instructor, Just for Fun, creating smooth moves with the International Fox Trot and American Smooth.
- Cynthia Kennedy, Attorney, Bryan Cave LLP; with Darren Jackson, Editorial Designer, Peoria Magazines and dance instructor mixing it up with West Coast Swing/Jive Mix.
- Carl Cannon, CEO, ELITE; with Emoke Hergart, pharmacist and dance instructor spicing it up in Latin/Salsa style.
- Saverio Fato, Office Managing Partner, Price Waterhouse; with Dominique Alexandre, CASA supervisor and dance enthusiast dancing Argentine Tango.
- Tom Schlink, Commercial Loan Officer, PNC Bank, with Stanzia Weatherford, RN and dance instructor at Just for Fun, dancing Ballroom Compilations.
- John Bearce, Peoria area businessman; with his granddaughter, Lauren Pschirrer, Professional Ballerina, dancing the Waltz. Diana Scott will coach the family pair.
The Critics Choice Award will be judged by:
- Jim Buda, Executive Vice President, Law and Public Policy, Caterpillar Inc.
- Diana Hall, CEO, Bard Optical
- Chief Justice Thomas L. Kilbride, Supreme Court of Illinois
- Jennifer Lee, Independent Art Critic
The event will be emceed by Sandy Gallant, WEEK News 25 anchor and meteorologist, and is co-chaired by Kathleen Monge and Aneta Youngblood, both members of the Board of Directors of CASA of Peoria County. Tickets may be purchased for $150 per person or $1500 for a table of ten by calling the CASA of Peoria County office at 309-669-2939 or online at www.CASAofPeoria.eventbrite.com. The evening will feature food and cocktails, silent and live auctions, and the competitive dance contest. Sponsors of CASAblanca include: Par-A-Dice Hotel and Casino, Essential Wellness Pharmacy, Gwenne and Alan Henricks, G&D Integrated, CMFI, and Lisa Murphy Web Design. Call the CASA office at 309-699-2939 to learn how to become a sponsor of CASAblanca.