P.D. Career Transition Day
A journalism career might take you to retirement, but if not…
What’s your Plan B?
You might not need one, but it’s always good to be thinking ahead. So we’ve designed a day for all
Plain Dealer newsroom employees with a special focus on the 27 recently laid-off.
PLACE: Trinity Cathedral, 2230 Euclid Ave. (free parking behind church, off Prospect)
DATE: Saturday, January 10, 2009
TIME: 7:45 a.m. doors open. Program starts 8:15 a.m., ends at 3:00 p.m.
MEALS: Breakfast, lunch and dessert reception included in entrance fee.
Professional career coaches on:
- Making your resume work for you
- Finding transferrable skills and strengths
- Marketing your talents and expertise
- Interviewing and negotiating a salary
- Bring your resume for a constructive critique
- Meet with a career coach to jumpstart your job search
Choose from panels on:
- Working for foundations and non-profits
- Public relations and marketing jobs
- Careers in graphics, photography and web design
- Higher education: Returning to college to teach or get another degree.
- Freelancing, online journalism and radio opportunities
- Post Plain Dealer Success Stories: our colleagues show us the way ahead
- Free for the 50 (Recently laid off or who took buyouts)
- $25 for Guild employees
- $50 for all others (management, other media members, etc.)
Deadline to register is January 5.
This event is open to ALL current and former members of the media in Greater Cleveland. It will fill up fast, so please register ASAP. Any profits will be donated to the Guild to help those who have been laid off.
PRE-REGISTRATION IS MANDATORY.
Anyone registering at the event will be charged $10 extra.
You can register online with PayPal. If you don’t have a PayPal account, you will be offered the opportunity to set one up when you register. Go to www.MediaTransitionDay.EventBrite.com OR make checks payable to Harlan Spector.
A schedule of speakers will soon be posted to: http://tinyurl.com/62fxp3
FOR INFORMATION: Call Harlan Spector at 216-999-4543 or Regina Brett at 216-932-6234.