Career Success Fair
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Career fair? Forget that! We're hosting a success fair. Before you talk to recruiters and send out resumes to every job that appears to be within your field, we'll show you how to prepare for it all. Business attire suggested.
Join Social Media Club DC and GW's School of Media and Public Affairs for a joint career fair and career oriented one-on-one discussions. We'll have experts on site giving out the tips and trade secrets on how to secure a job in today's communications scene. In addition to the experts, there will be a fair of companies who are looking to hire interns all the way through mid-level employees.
- Talk to Edelman, Creative Circle, SocialCode and Anchor Media about their current open positions
- Get critiques on your resume
- Practice your interview skills
- Learn how to use social media to find a job and network
- Identify how to dress for interviews
- And hear from other experts to ensure your successful landing of a great career
There will be FREE dessert and a CASH bar at the event. Grab a cookie and a drink while you network and mingle with other industry professionals, students and experts. More details can be found in our recent interview with SMCDC President Alex Stevens and Director Kelly Paras.
- 6:00 p.m. Career Success Fair begins
- 6:30 p.m. Introduction and Key Note from Alexis Grant
- 7:00 p.m. Career Success Fair continues
Feel free to come when you would like, but we would highly encourage you to be there for Alexis Grant's brief keynote.
Experts to Learn From
- Keynote - Alexis Grant
- Finding your next career - Alyssa Boule, Edelman
- Your resume is bad, and you should feel bad. Resume Critiques - Lindley Ashline
- Branding yourself on social media - Kim Byrden, Anchor Media (They are seeking an intern!)
- LinkedIn matters. How it can help you find your next career - Matt Langan
- Interview preparation: Did you really think jorts would get you the job? - Lauren Reddington
- Interview preparation tips with Justin Petitt, Mosaic Technologies Group
- Surviving the Interview - Erin Myers, ThreeSpot
- After the Interview. What's next? Christine Wilson & Tracey McCoy, MtoM Consulting
- You got the job! Now what? - GW's Professor Michael Shanahan
- Resume Tips - GW's Career Department
Partners and Sponsors
When & Where
Digital District is founded on the idea of advancing and organizing the digital space. The wild west of the Web is heading in the right direction, and we know that gathering the greatest minds in DC will advance it even further. We plan on creating best practices, case studies, research, and most of all connecting ideas and people together. Over the past 5 years we have focused solely on social media, but have realized there is a greater need to expand on the areas that affect all parts of the Web. Digital Inc. C/O Digital District is a 501(c)6, run by a dedicated team of volunteers who have a shared vision.