Career Success Fair
Wednesday, April 24, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (EDT)
Career fair? Forget that! We're hosting a success fair. Before you talk to recruiters and send out resumes to every job that appears to be within your field, we'll show you how to prepare for it all. Business attire suggested.
Join Social Media Club DC and GW's School of Media and Public Affairs for a joint career fair and career oriented one-on-one discussions. We'll have experts on site giving out the tips and trade secrets on how to secure a job in today's communications scene. In addition to the experts, there will be a fair of companies who are looking to hire interns all the way through mid-level employees.
- Talk to Edelman, Creative Circle, SocialCode and Anchor Media about their current open positions
- Get critiques on your resume
- Practice your interview skills
- Learn how to use social media to find a job and network
- Identify how to dress for interviews
- And hear from other experts to ensure your successful landing of a great career
There will be FREE dessert and a CASH bar at the event. Grab a cookie and a drink while you network and mingle with other industry professionals, students and experts. More details can be found in our recent interview with SMCDC President Alex Stevens and Director Kelly Paras.
- 6:00 p.m. Career Success Fair begins
- 6:30 p.m. Introduction and Key Note from Alexis Grant
- 7:00 p.m. Career Success Fair continues
Feel free to come when you would like, but we would highly encourage you to be there for Alexis Grant's brief keynote.
Experts to Learn From
- Keynote - Alexis Grant
- Finding your next career - Alyssa Boule, Edelman
- Your resume is bad, and you should feel bad. Resume Critiques - Lindley Ashline
- Branding yourself on social media - Kim Byrden, Anchor Media (They are seeking an intern!)
- LinkedIn matters. How it can help you find your next career - Matt Langan
- Interview preparation: Did you really think jorts would get you the job? - Lauren Reddington
- Interview preparation tips with Justin Petitt, Mosaic Technologies Group
- Surviving the Interview - Erin Myers, ThreeSpot
- After the Interview. What's next? Christine Wilson & Tracey McCoy, MtoM Consulting
- You got the job! Now what? - GW's Professor Michael Shanahan
- Resume Tips - GW's Career Department
Partners and Sponsors
When & Where
Social Media Club - DC (Washington, D.C. Chapter)
SMC-DC is the DC Chapter of the Social Media Club, which hosts conversations in cities around the world that explore key issues facing professionals and organizations as technologies transform the way we connect, communicate, collaborate and relate to each other. As the world’s largest organization of Social Media Professionals, we reach leading influencers and social media enthusiasts in face to face meetings held in over 230 cities around the world.