Are you looking for jobs online with little to no success? Are you wondering why HR isn’t responding to your application?
Did you know that 85% of positions are recruited by word-of-mouth?
Due to overwhelming number of application submission (200 – 1,600 per opening), companies have had to change their hiring practices. In this advanced workshop, we’ll teach you the proven job-seeking techniques that hundreds of our clients have used to quickly find the perfect position.
We will discuss:
- Various recruiting and headhunting techniques local employers use to source candidates
- Best practices on how to apply to an opening that matches your background and interests
- How to leverage your 1st degree connections without burning the bridge
- Proper ways to request and maximize introductions
- Prospecting company recruiters, HR, and decision makers’ contact information
- Proper ways of reaching out to employers
- Identifying routers and super connectors in your industry who can help you
- Leverage the 5-Step Relationship Building Model to build strategic relationships with key people
- How to identify and tap into the hidden job market (unadvertised opportunities)
- Advanced search techniques to find positions you didn’t even know existed
You will benefit by:
- Learning the correct job-seeking methods a prospective employer prefers
- Understanding how to reach and speak to decision makers about an opening so they can further tailor their application
- Discovering how to leverage their own network to connect to decision makers faster
- Building and maintaining a healthy network and exponentially growing their reach through proper forms of introductions and follow-up
- Finding out about job openings their competition doesn’t even know exist
Typical seminar participants are middle to late career professionals-in-transition or self-employed entrepreneurs attracted to cutting edge job search strategies. Their professions are in a wide range such as law and accounting, health care, software engineering, manufacturing, sales and marketing, writing, operations, project management, and general management.
Since May 2009, ProLango has trained more than 10,000 professionals with cutting-edge job search strategies. We are the only local outplacement and career-transition company known for continually learning and sharing strategies that work as opposed to the cookie-cutter career advice found elsewhere.
Register if you:
- Want to learn how to leverage your current network to open doors for you at employers you’d like to work for
- Are limited to a handful of job search techniques and find yourself doing the same thing over and over without getting results
- Aren’t connected to the most prestigious “super connectors” in the Seattle area
- Hate not hearing back from recruiters on the application you submitted weeks ago
- Are unaware of where to find unadvertised openings
Who is your presenter?
Paul Anderson is a nationally recognized speaker on career transformation and also the TV Co-Host of the weekly show “How to Get a Job in Seattle,” aired on Comcast. Paul has formally written career columns for The Seattle Times' NWjobs, ABC’s KOMO 4 News, and CW's The Daily Buzz. His powerful, unique approach to career management, sales, and marketing strategies has put him in demand with professional associations, corporations, and government agencies across the country.
Anderson is the founder of ProLango, a Redmond-based career consultancy company teaching professionals-in-transition how to find their desired employment fast in this tough economy. ProLango is the host of one of the largest career mixers in the country fostering an environment where professionals can build relationships with top employers.
Paul’s empowering advice and career strategies have appeared in such media outlets as The Wall Street Journal, US News & World Report, Business Week, USA Today, The Seattle Times, and seen on the ABC, FOX, and NBC networks.
Once your registration is complete, ProLango does not issue refunds. If you're unable to attend a scheduled workshop, please contact ProLango within 2 business days and we will issue a credit, good for 1 year, which you can apply toward another ProLango workshop. If you cancel less than 2 business days of the scheduled workshop, no credit will be issued.
When & Where
ProLango Consulting Inc.
ProLango Consulting is a boutique career management and outplacement firm, which helps develop strategic plans for candidates to find employment. Instead of cookie-cutter career advice found elsewhere, ProLango interviews human resources and hiring managers in the Puget Sound area and shares this behind-the-scenes information with its clients. ProLango clients have found employment months faster than the industry average with this “insider” information.