Care And Feeding Of a Game Development Startup
Saturday, May 18, 2013 from 11:30 AM to 1:00 PM (MDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Ever wonder how a game development company is born, or about the kinds of people that birth them? Then come listen to:
- Scott Brown (notable games: Auto Assault. Jumpgate, LEGO Universe)
- Charles Brungardt (notable games: Nexuiz on Xbox 360)
- Megan Fox (notable games: Jones On Fire)
- Christopher Williamson (notable games: DreamQuest's Championship series of card games)
- Jonas Willis (notable games: DragonVale, Gizmonauts)
... talk about their experiences in the industry, as founding members of their current respective studios (WyrmByte Software, IllFonic, Glass Bottom Games, Dreamquest Software, Phobic Studios) and many prior.
Ever wonder what it's like to start a studio up? How funding works, the various corporate or not-so-corporate structures employed, and how that changes as they grow? Or maybe you're curious about how one sets up a lifestyle (stable/non-growing) game dev company, or what an indie studio looks like. Heck, maybe you're just curious what making games for a living is like. These and other topics will be covered, along with ample time for Q&A.
(Note: This is a public venue, so even if the tickets run out, feel free to swing down Pearl Street and check us out on your way - we'll have a PA setup, so odds are good a standing crowd will still hear us fine)