Wednesday, October 22, 2014 from 9:00 AM to 5:10 PM (CDT)
Laura Padron RN, CCRN, CSC, TNS, ECRN– National Speaker
Ms. Padron is a registered nurse and national speaker with advance training and certifications. Ms. Padron has over 30 years of clinical experience, and clinical knowledge as a clinician. She is an instructor and professional member of the American Heart Association. Ms. Padron is an active and professional member of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses, and (NIACCN) Northern Illinois Association of Critical Care Nurses. She is actively involved at Healing Pathways, supportive treatments for cancer patients and their families. Ms. Padron’s publications on caring for the cardiac patient population have been viewed on the Nursing Spectrum, AACN Critical Care Journal, Professional DVD and CD on Code Blue Organization and CPR/ ACLS review.
Date of CE event: Wednesday, October 22, 2014
9:00 a.m- 5:10 p.m.
Location of CE event:
The Carleton of Oak Park Hotel
1110 Pleasant Street,
Oak Park, IL 60302
Continuing Education (CE)
6.83 CE Contact Hours
PURPOSE: Cardiac Symposium is an advance level of the cardiovascular system for registered nurses. Physiological components, regimens, and mechanisms effecting the cardiovascular patient population will be discussed at this seminar.
Who should attend: Clinicians caring for patients with cardiovascular disease and/or interested in enhancing one's learning about the cardiovascular system.
1. The participant will be able to discuss the components of the cardiovascular system
2. The participant will be able to distinguish the management and differences of hypertension and heart rate in cardiovascular patients.
3. The participant will be able to discuss changes of the cardiovascular rhythm in the 12 lead electrocardiogram
4. The participant will be able to explain the diagnosis and the management of patients with (ACS) acute coronary syndromes.
5. The participant will be able to discuss factors and treatment of patients with (CHF) congestive heart failure
6. The participant will be able to discuss cardiovascular arrest leads to sudden interruptions of an effective cardiovascular pumping function.
Program begins at 9:00 a.m. ensure to arrive 20 minutes before the program begins.
The educatonal material to this activity will be provided on the day of the seminar.
Lunch on your own.
Parking lot and street parking in available.
Refund/Transfer/ Cancellation Policy:
- To receive a refund from any educational activity of Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services LLC, we must receive a postmarked written notice 7 days prior to the continuing education event also known as seminar. You will receive a full refund minus $15.00 administrative fee of the continuing education activity event.
- To receive a transfer from the continuing education activity event, Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services LLC, must receive your postmarked written notice 48 hours prior to the continuing education activity event. The transfer can be applied to any continuing education activity event of your choice and no transfer fee is applied.
- No refunds or transfers will be granted without a written notice to Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services.
The faculty and planning committee have declared no conflict of interest. Criteria for judging successful completion includes attending the entire session and turning in an evaluation form, pretest, and post-test. This is not a pass or fail course, post-test is for educational research purposes only.
This continuing nursing education activity was approved by the Ohio Nurse Association
(OBN-001-91), an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Approval valid through April 22, 2015. ONA# 16,150
When & Where
Nursing Excellence Continuing Education Services LLC
18w140 Butterfield Road,
Oakbrook Terrace, Illinois 60181;