Roasters include: (list to grow as speakers confirm)
Professor Gary Griggs
Distringuished Professor of Earth and Planetary Sciences
Director, Institute of Marine Sciences
University of California, Santa Cruz.
Local Columnist and Radio Personality
Sheriff Phil Wowak
Funds raised from the Capitola / Aptos Rotary Club 2nd Annual Celebrity Roast will be used to fund the 2013 scholarship awards.
2012 award recipients include:
- Dominican Hospital Foundation
- American Red Cross
- The Literacy Program of the Santa Cruz Volunteer Center
- Aptos Little League
- CASA of Santa Cruz County
- Friends of Hospice of Santa Cruz County
- Jacob’s Heart Children’s Cancer Support Services
- Helping Hands
- Save our Shores
- Symphony League of Santa Cruz County
- Women’s Crisis Support Center-Defensa de Mujures
For more event information contact Gene Wright at 831-454-0813
Rotary is the world’s premier international humanitarian service organization. We are a diverse global network of community, business and professional leaders who address relevant social causes to change lives and build goodwill and peace at home and abroad.
Learn more at www.Rotary.org
The Rotary Foundation is a registered 501(c)3
IRS IRC 6115 Disclosure:
- The amount of the contribution the donor may deduct for Federal income tax purposes is limited to the excess of the money contributed over the value of the goods provided by The Rotary Foundation in exchange for the contribution.
- Description of goods. Dinner
- Fair market value of the ticket. $45