Make your own jam. Can your fruit at home.
If you're interested, this is the class for you.
You'll see both processes, step by step. You'll be at the stove, checking out the pots.
You'll learn: what's safe, what's not, and why.
- Equipment and ingredients you need.
- Lower sugar options for fruit preserves.
- How to keep fruit looking great.
- The best resources and recipes.
- How to choose the best produce.
- How to store your products.
There will be time for all your questions!
We'll have the new USDA Guide to Home Canning available for sale. You will also get recipes and directions to take home.
The actual products we prepare will depend on the best produce available at the time of the class.
Location is .5 mi south of Exit 10 from I-4, east of Tampa.
When & Where
Univ of Florida, Hillsborough Co Extension
University of Florida, Hillsborough County Extension provides research based information to clients to enable them to make reasoned decisions to improve their lives.