San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Whether you raise your own or buy from someone else, you can preserve vegetables at their peak of freshness to enjoy all year long. In this workshop learn how to preserve vegetables by canning or freezing!!
County Extension Agent will teach you:
· What equipment you will need
· Types, pros and cons of canners
· How to use a pressure canner
· How to use a water bath canner
· What can/cannot be altered safely in a recipe
· How to can and freeze vegetables
· What is important for safety
When & Where
UF/IFAS Sumter County Extension
Sumter County Extension is a federal, state and local partnership that provides research-based information from the University of Florida to the citizens of Sumter County and beyond. We hope that you will contact us for solutions to any questions you may have in the areas of agriculture, lawns and gardens, nutrition and wellness, financial management, natural resources, livestock,community development and youth development (4-H). Call us at (352) 569-6862 or visit our website at http://sumter.ifas.ufl.edu.