Cancelled - Project Management Jumpstart | Indianapolis, IN | Starts Aug 7, 2012 | Aligns to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)® Guide | Instructor-led | 24 Contact Hours
Tuesday, August 7, 2012 at 8:00 AM - Thursday, August 9, 2012 at 5:00 PM (EDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
3-day class, instructor-led, 24 PDUs/contact hours! Learn effective project management practices and gain understanding of the fundamentals of project management!
- 3 Days
- 24 PDUs / contact hours
- Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certified Instructors with a minimum of ten years of industry experience
About the Project Management Jumpstart Course
The Charter Performance Project Management Jumpstart course is a 3-day, 24 PDU/contact hour class designed to jumpstart individuals into new roles in project management. This class introduces students to the Project Management Institute (PMI)® project management process framework including the five project process groups, nine project management knowledge areas, and 42 processes as described in the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK)® Guide.
By understanding the fundamentals of project management, you will be better prepared to lead a project in your organization and position it for success. In this course, you will learn effective project management practices to help you successfully manage a project by:
- Defining and gaining approval on the project charter
- Identifying and managing stakeholders
- Developing realistic project management plans and baselines
- Managing execution of the plan
- Carefully monitoring and controlling the project baselines
- Successfully closing a project
This course is designed for an individual who:
- Desires to learn and strengthen his/her project management skills from initiating to closing a project using generally accepted best practices
- Is considering a career path in project management
- Is seeking a refresher course on project management knowledge, skills, tools, techniques
- Wants to start applying the PMBOK® Guide framework principles
After completing this course, you will have a solid understanding of how to apply the generally recognized practices of project management acknowledged by the PMI® to successfully manage projects. You will be able to:
- Initiate a project
- Plan project work
- Develop project schedules, cost estimates and budgets
- Plan project quality, staffing, and communications
- Analyze risks and plan risk responses
- Plan and manage project procurement
- Execute project work
- Monitor and control project work
- Monitor and control project scope, schedule, costs, quality, and risks
- Monitor and control project staffing, communications, and contracts
- Close the project
The Charter Performance Project Management Jumpstart course is comprehensive and designed for learning and understanding the project management best practices. The course includes a combination of lectures, slides, student guide, hand-on exercises, and one-on-one interaction with the instructor to provide the foundation for managing projects.
Comprehensive This course covers the five project process groups and nine knowledge areas outlined in thePMBOK® Guide. The course lessons correlate directly with the 42 project management processes and include hands-on exercises to reinforce the learning objectives. All project management framework processes, inputs, outputs, tools and techniques are covered in the course lessons and the accompanying student guide.
Designed for Learning and Comprehension The course includes a framework map to help the student navigate from the process groups to the knowledge areas. This framework uses a color-coding scheme that is used throughout the course materials. Throughout the course the lessons are reinforced through hands-on exercises.
Module 1: Introduction to Project Management
- Lesson 1.1: Projects and Project Management
Module 2: Project Initiating
- Lesson 2.1: Define Objectives
- Lesson 2.2: Develop Project Charter
Module 3: Project Planning
- Lesson 3.1: Define the Work
- Lesson 3.2: Plan the Work
- Lesson 3.2.1: Develop PMP
- Lesson 3.2.2: Develop Schedule
- Lesson 3.2.3: Develop Cost
- Lesson 3.2.4: Develop Risk
Module 4: Project Executing and Monitoring
- Lesson 4.1: Executing
- Lesson 4.1.1: Perform the Work
- Lesson 4.1.2: Communicate and Coordinate the Work
- Lesson 4.2: Monitoring and Controlling
- Lesson 4.2.1: Track and Analyze Performance
- Lesson 4.2.2: Manage Changes and Report Performance
Module 5: Project Closing
- Lesson 5.1: Close Procurements
- Lesson 5.2: Close Project or Phase
- Cancellation made within 7 days of the class start date will incur a $100 cancellation fee.
- Non-attendance without cancellation will result in forfeiture of full registration fee.
- Materials in this class are based on the Project Management Institute (PMI)® A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge, (PMBOK® Guide)-Fourth Edition, Project Management Institute, Inc., 2008.
- Definitions in this class are based on the Glossary of the PMBOK® Guide, pages 423-453.
- PMI, PMP, R.E.P. and PMBOK Guide are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
When & Where
Charter Performance Management Group LLC
Charter Performance Management Group LLC
specializes in earned value management system (EVMS) implementations and enterprise program management (EPM) consulting and training.
Earned Value Management (EVM) serves as an early warning system and helps Program Managers and the Customer address the cost and schedule risks that are inherent in projects of all kinds. We use a comprehensive set of standardized methodologies, ANSI/EIA 748 compliant policies and procedures, and industry best practices to achieve repeatable success in every engagement.
Charter Performance is a Project Management Institute (PMI)® Registered Education Provider (R.E.P.)®.
PMI, PMP, R.E.P. and PMBOK Guide are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.