Campus Sustainability Day: Campus Conversations
A Useful Education: Sustainability in Admissions,
Retention, and Educational Value
Campus Sustainability Day
October 26th, 2011
Second Nature invites campuses to participate in a new resource to foster dialogue, connection, and conversation on campus around the importance of sustainability in higher education –
Campus Conversations. Sign up to participate in Campus Conversations on October 26th, 2011 (or during the week of Campus Sustainability Day) and watch a short video webcast to incite conversation, engagement, and inquiry on your campus. Then share your opinions and insights - participate in the interactive question and answer videos with students, faculty, and staff from across the country to take the conversation from local, to global.
A Useful Education: Sustainability in Admissions, Retention, and Educational Value
This year’s Campus Sustainability Day Conversation will focus on A Useful Education: Sustainability in Admissions, Retention, and Educational Value. In a time of increasing focus on the value and use of a college education, how are sustainability and climate programs offering prospective students and their families, as well as enrolled students, the opportunity to engage in a useful, innovative, and valued educational experience?
How to Participate
- Register now to receive more information about and participate in Campus Conversations
- Schedule your campus's participation - screen and host a conversation in class, schedule an all-campus teach-in, or tune-in as part of your own celebration.
- Log in on Campus Sustainability Day (October 26th, 2011) and watch the webcast at any time during the day, according to your event schedule. The webcast will be approximately 15-20 minutes long. You can re-screen and re-watch the webcast as often as you'd like.
- Watch, ask questions, and respond to live video feedback on the Conversation topic at any time during the day on October 26th
Register Your Participation on the Campus Sustainability Day Events Calendar
- Sign up now to receive more information about the Campus Sustainability Day Conversation, and how you can involve your campus.
- What do you have planned for Campus Sustainability Day? Post your event on the Campus Sustainability Day Event Calendar.
- Interested in being a part of the conversation? Contact us if you’d have a story about this year’s topic to share.
About Campus Sustainability Day
The 9th annual Campus Sustainability Day (CSD) asks colleges and universities to commit to maintaining the momentum of higher education sustainability by connecting new campus groups and allies, highlighting student stories and reaching out to partners who can help move towards success. Campus sustainability leaders are encouraged to plan their own events, programs and initiatives and post them to the CSD Events Listing. Stay tuned for a Second Nature webcast and collective conversation that will explore the role of sustainability programs in campus admissions and student retention. CSD is supported by the Higher Education Associations Sustainability Consortium (HEASC), Second Nature, U.S. Green Building Council and National Wildlife Federation's Campus Ecology program.
Campus Conversations is hosted by Second Nature
Please contact us with your inquiries and feedback