Camp Video Journalism - London Oct. 26-29, 2009
Monday, October 26, 2009 at 10:00 AM - Thursday, October 29, 2009 at 4:00 PM (GMT)
Camp Video Journalism London
Hosted by Beamups - The Online Global News Marketplace
Instructors: Robb Montgomery, Beamups producers, and other top video producers TBA
Master the art of producing video stories.
What will you learn at Camp VJ?
Story pacing, building sequences, sound editing, transitions, lower-thirds graphics and keys to propelling a film in the longer form.
Students will learn how to set up their cameras and audio gear to produce professional reports from the field; How to shoot and edit sequences, conduct interviews for film and practice with the editing workflow, story editing and principal technologies.
Working in small groups and using their cameras and editing tools, students will get hands-on experience gathering the elements to put together a news video for the Web.
Some of the key concepts students tell us they need:
Going through the motions of producing documentaries, doing interviews
In particular, dealing with difficult subjects and controversial topics for video.
We will cover this and also share advice and tips for setting up a low-budget video department, how to define roles between still photography and video assignments and many other top-of-mind issues.
Attend a one-day class for as low as £125 or buy the 4-day early-bird pass for £400 to reserve your seat in the classroom and save money.
Previous Visual Editors workshops have sold out.
Register early to hold your spot.
Proceeds and donations benefit Visual Editors - a 501(c)(3) non-profit charity based in Chicago.
Who is this designed for?
Photographers, freelance writers, journalists, communication directors, field correspondants, reporters, journalism educators, web producers, and publication editors.
Sessions will be run by Chicago new media journalist and the CEO of Visual Editors, Robb Montgomery and the CCO of Beamups, Boaz Eshtai. The course will also feature guest lectures and coaching expertise from top London VJs and producers. Details to come. The CampVJ teaching roster always includes instruction from producers with years of experience telling stories in this exciting media format.
Boaz has over 15 years experience as documentary and news cameraman for global news and award-winning documentaries. Boaz has worked extensively for AP, BBC, NBC and C4.
Montgomery has produced video documentaries in Europe, the Middle East and the United States. He trains journalists in more than 20 countries in video journalism, social media and Web multimedia.
Students need to test their systems and verify before arriving that they can import footage from their cameras into their editing program.
Terms and conditions
- All travel, accommodation and incidental costs are the responsibility of the participants.
- In the event the minimum number to start the class is not attained, Visual Editors reserves the right to cancel the workshop. All course fees will be refunded if this occurs.
- Registered participants can be substituted; Registrant may request a refund up to 14 days in advance of the event start date. Refunds will be made minus a £50 processing fee. Cancellations within 14 days of the event start date are not eligible for refunds.
- Currency conversion and ticket purchase feesmay be incurred by your financial institution.
- Neither Visual Editors or their hosts are responsible for lost or damaged equipment.
- Visual Editors, NFP reserves the right to change the venue, cancel, alter in character, substitute instructors, shorten or extend the duration of this course at any time without incurring any liability whatsoever to the participant due to circumstances outside Visual Editor's control including but not limited to war, embargo, civil unrest, legal proceedings or government regulations that make it impossible or impractical, for Visual Editors, in their absolute discretion, to hold this course.
When & Where
Beamups is The Online Global News Marketplace.