California State's Bankruptcy and its Economic Future
Monday, April 27, 2009 from 1:00 PM to 7:00 PM (PDT)
Santa Clara, CA
Conference Description: California, the richest state of the union, is now financially bankrupt with the lowest credit rating in the USA. It is the highest taxed and highest spending state and has been running deficits for years. The state teetered on the brink of collapse in February before a compromise was achieved on the budget. It is not over yet—without voter approval, the crisis will come to head again. The conference will discuss the California State’s fiscal crisis and its structural causes and the likely future course it will take.
THE SESSIONS AND THE SPEAKERS
- Governance and Fiscal Deficits—Dr. Michael Shires, Pepperdine School of Public Policy
- Fiscal Deficits—-Fred Foldvary, Research Fellow, The Independent Institute
- Health Expenditures: John R. Graham, Director, Pacific Research Institute
- Education Expenditures: Lisa Snell, Director, Reason Foundation
- Natural Resources: David Zetland, Fellow, UC@Berkeley
- Small Business Growth: Robert Fairlie, Director, UC@Santa Cruz
- Business Bankruptcies: James E Atkins, Duffy & Atkins LLP
When & Where
Liberty on the Mind
Associated with the Liberty on the Rocks grassroots organization http://bayarea.libertyontherocks.com/?page_id=101, Liberty on the Mind organizes conferences, A social networking group, Liberty on the Rocks caters to liberty minded people and free market policy wonks.
The conference is managed by FuturisticLens.