San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
Completing the California Multifamily Existing Building Training described below can qualify Raters to perform whole-building energy audits, recommendations and third-party verification under this program.
- 3/6/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/7/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/8/14: Weekend - NO TRAINING
- 3/9/14: Weekend - NO TRAINING
- 3/10/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/11/14: Classroom training | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/12/14: Classroom training and field tutorial | 8:30 am – 5 pm
- 3/13/14: Exams | 8:30 am – 3 pm
Marriott Costa Mesa - 500 Anton Blvd., Costa Mesa, CA 92626
Field tutorial location TBA (Orange County)
The class will equip the rater with the broad range of skills necessary to serve various Energy Upgrade California multifamily retrofit programs*. The 5.5-day training agenda includes:
- Multifamily central systems for BPI Multifamily Building Analyst
- Supplemental HERS II content specific to multifamily content
- Energy Audit protocols
- BPI Multifamily and GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily program and verification protocols
- Tools to complete a rating
- Half-day field tutorial
· Training: Free*
· BPI Exam: $524.95
· GreenPoint Rated Exam: Free
* To become certified as a GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily Rater, you must have taken and passed CGBP (or equivalent) and GreenPoint Rated Core. Both of these trainings cost $450 and are not part of this training. Contact Education at Build It Green at 510-285-6221 or firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up for those trainings.
Prerequisites for entry into rebate program:
Applicants must hold two of the following certifications
1. RESNET Rater or California Whole-House Home Energy (HERS II) Rater
2. BPI Multifamily Building Analyst (BPI MF BA)
3. GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily Rater
Prerequisites for BPI certification
No prerequisites are needed to become certified as a BPI MF BA.
Prerequisites for GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily certification
Certified Green Building Professional (or equivalent)
Completion of GreenPoint Rated Core.
2 years of building experience working on multifamily buildings.
Building and home performance experience requirements. Go here to learn more.
Space is limited. A maximum of two (2) qualified individuals per company may attend. Preference will be given to those with the most relevant experience. For those pursuing GreenPoint Rated certification, you must make arrangements to attend the other trainings (CGBP and GPR Core) before getting certified as an Existing Home Multifamily GreenPoint Rater. Each of those other trainings are $450 per training.
To sign up for this training you must:
- Complete the EventBrite application. If you are taking the BPI Multifamily Building Analyst exam, you will need to pay for it through EventBrite.
- Provide feedback on the training
Please plan to bring:
- A laptop computer that can connect to wireless internet (for the BPI exams)
- A tape measure, pencil, pen, clipboard, and notepad
For more information, contact Karis Ingram @ 510-285-6221 or email@example.com
*This training does not result in a certification from CalCERTS, Inc. or the State of California. Attendees may sit for the GreenPoint Rated Existing Home Multifamily Rater exam upon completion of this course, but must pre-submit an application to verify eligibility for that certification.
When & Where
Build It Green
Build It Green is a non-profit organization devoted to helping professionals adopt green practices and grow the market for efficient, healthy homes.