Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Cal Poly Pomona hosts a screening of Connected: an autoblogography about love, death, and technology, by award-winning documentary filmmaker Tiffany Shlain, part of our 2012-13 Information, Technology, and Lifelong Learning speaker series.
Wednesday, May 8, 2013 from 12:00 PM to 1:00 PM (PDT)
San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
See the trailer at http://youtu.be/2Og60e0zyu8 and join us to watch this award-winning movie on Wednesday, May 8, in the Bronco Student Center, Centaurus room!
Winner of 13 awards & distinctions, including:
- Selected by the US State Department to play at embassies around the world as part of the US Film Showcase
- Selected for the Disruptive Innovation Award from The 2012 Tribeca Film Festival
- The Interdependence Film Prize from The Berlin International Film Festival and the Interdependence Movement
- Best Documentary Feature from the Atlanta Int’l Film Festival
- Best of Festival Documentary from the Portland, ME Film Festival
- Women in Film Award from the National Geographic All Roads Grant at Sundance
Visit the movie website at http://connectedthefilm.com.
Also, be sure to come meet the director, Ms. Tiffany Shlain, on Thursday, May 9! Register separately at http://tiffanyshlain.eventbrite.com
Both events are open to the public. Visiting our campus for the first time? Please see http://www.csupomona.edu/visitors/.
When & Where
Cal Poly Pomona
The Information, Technology, and Lifelong Learning Speaker Series is a collaboration between the University Library, the Division of Instructional & Information Technology, the Career Center, the Departments of Computer Information Systems and Political Science, and the Kellogg Distinguished Public Lecture Series.
Funding is provided by the 2012-13 La Bounty Endowed Chair of Interdisciplinary Knowledge, which brings speakers from a variety of backgrounds to visit our campus and enrich our community.
For more information, please visit our website at http://www.csupomona.edu/~library/labounty/.