PLEASE READ CAREFULLY
By Filling out this application, you agree to all of the terms listed below. You must be 18+ years of age to apply.
1. Applications must be received by February 1, 2013. No refunds will be given after April 1, 2013.
2. Wristbands must be worn at all times while at MECDA’s Cairo Caravan. If you lose your wristband you will be required to purchase a new one at the admissions table for the full admission price.
3. Vendors will be allowed to set up during these times: Friday, 10am to 3pm. Vendors must have all merchandise and cars removed from unloading area no later than 3pm on Friday. The loading ramp is for brief loading/unloading only, please. Move vehicles after unloading. Items cannot be taken to the individual’s booth until vehicle is moved.
Absolutely NO parking in the vendor unloading area.
4. Set up time is on Friday, ONLY, but you will have 5 hours to set up. Please work quickly and efficiently to be ready on time. We suggest you bring a helper to set up and work your booth. There are a lot of attendees.
5. Vendors who have not checked in by noon Friday,May 31st, may forfeit their space and all money collected.
6. Vendors must have all merchandise and cars removed from the site no later than 9:00pm Sunday. No exceptions. Failure to comply will result in the loss of the cleaning deposit and a $20 fee for every 15 minutes thereafter.
7. Vendors are responsible for cleaning and disposing of all trash and debris from their vending area. (Trash receptacles will be provided.) Failure to do so will result in loss of cleaning deposit.
8. MECDA reserves the right to reassign spaces after 2pm on Friday,May 31st.
9. Vendors are responsible for all loading and unloading of their merchandise. Last year we had record numbers and hope to double those numbers in 2013.
10. We are encouraging our vendors to help create a marketplace atmosphere. Please feel free to decorate your space. We suggest that you bring lighting for your booth, as there is little outside light, only overhead lighting, if vending inside.
11. Nothing may be taped, stapled, tacked or secured to the walls and floors of the facility. Vendors will be billed for any damages to the facility or property.
12. MECDA’s Cairo Caravan will close at 9pm Friday, 7pm Saturday and 6pm Sunday. Vendors are expected to operate their booths during ALL open hours of the festival. Vendors may not tear down their booths until 6pm on Sunday. Doing so will forfeit the cleaning deposit.
13. No merchandise will be permitted outside the vendor’s area. Aisles must be kept clear to avoid injury to any patrons. All exits must remain clear at all times.
14. MECDA and/or the Queen Mary, or any of their affiliates, employees, or volunteers will not be responsible for any lost, stolen or damaged items.
15. Strong language, abusive behavior and threats will not be tolerated. Offenders will be required to leave immediately and forfeit all fees collected.
16. No food or beverages shall be sold by non-food vendors. Soft items must be on racks or in containers.
17. No electrical cords or equipment will be provided by MECDA.
18. All vendors shall comply with the regulations imposed by the building management, city and state officials and the Fire Marshall’s instructions.
19. Confirmation will be provided to each vendor within one week of receipt of payment via email or snail mail to those who do not have email. Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope for confirmation by snail mail.
If you have any questions, please contact us via email for quickest response: mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org,or 310.494.0104.
Submitting an application with payment does not guarantee a vending spot.
The person signing this agreement must be present throughout MECDA’s Cairo Caravan weekend and is responsible for any and all activities in the assigned space, including the actions of helpers and others in their space. Vendors, by your signature below, you agree not to sublease your space to another vendor and that you have read and understood and will comply with all the rules and regulations as stated above. Failure to comply will result in the loss of all fees and monies submitted to MECDA.
Offenders may be removed from the premises at MECDA’s discretion. MECDA reserves the right to cancel or deny vending space to anyone and to make changes at MECDA’s discretion. The full fee for vendor’s space shall be paid at the same time by the contracting vendor.
The client agrees to protect, indemnify, defend and hold harmless Save the Queen, LLC dba The Queen Mary and the City of Long Beach, and their respective employees and agents against all claims, losses, or damages to persons or property, governmental charges or fines, costs, including reasonable Attorney’s fees, arising out of or connected with your function including the installation removal, maintenance, occupancy and use to THE QUEEN MARY), except those claims arising out of the sole negligence to the Hotel.
We would appreciate any donations to help support MECDA’s charity competitions—Shimmython and braVo!
For vendor questions, please contact our vendor Coordinator, Amy at email@example.com.
When & Where
Middle Eastern Culture and Dance Association