Learn How to Adapt this Award-Winning Concept in Your Community!
The award-winning Café Plus concept is designed to attract active, younger-older adults (age 50 and better) by providing fun and educational wellness-related programs and activities. Starting with something as simple as a cup of coffee, we engage older adults to achieve endless possibilities.
Create Your Own Café Plus
Your organization can adapt the Café Plus model and increase outreach and engagement with older adults in your community. Start by attending a Café Plus workshop.
The 2016 Café Plus Workshop will include:
- Sessions on specific aspects of creating and running a Café Plus, including staffing, marketing, budgeting, measurement, and more
- A site visit to Mather’s—More Than a Café
- A site visit to Mather LifeWays Without Walls program
- A panel discussion of how other organizations have adapted Café Plus in unique ways, featuring
- Ethel & Maud's Table: Laura Beyer, Community Relations Coordinator, Clark-Lindsey
- Birt’s Bistro at Benevilla: Michelle Dionisio, President/CEO, Benevilla
- SOPREMA Senior Center & Café: Nancy Likens, Director, City of Wadsworth, Ohio
- Carrie’s Café: Charles Gehring, President & CEO, Carrie’s Café at LifeCare Alliance
- Evergreen Café: Bev Uipi, Active Aging Center Manager, Salk Lake County Aging & Adult Services
- Campbell Street Café: Cherylene Brennecke, Resident Life Director, Pines Village Retirement Communities
You’ll take away everything you need to start your own Café Plus—whether your organization is building a new site, updating an existing one, or even launching a program without a bricks and mortar location.
Over 269 people from 138 cities in 34 states and six foreign contries have completed a Café Plus workshop. Browse some of their stories at:
When & Where
Mather LifeWays is a unique, non-denominational not-for-profit organization based in Evanston, Illinois, founded 75 years ago. We are dedicated to developing and implementing Ways to Age Well by creating , , and for today’s young-at-heart older adults.
Learn more at www.matherlifeways.com/cafe-plus-model.