San Francisco, California
London, United Kingdom
When & Where
Black Women Organized for Political Action (BWOPA) mission is to activate, motivate, promote, support, and educate African-American women about the political process, encourage involvement, and to affirm our commitment to, and solving of, those problems affecting the African-American community.
BWOPA's purpose is to...
- Provide leadership, training and mentoring to insure participation in the political process; (TILE)
- Developing long-range strategies to insure representation of African Americans within the political spectrum.
- Articulate our collective positions on issues affecting African Americans;
- Develop collaborative linkages with other political organizations; and
- Preserve and chronicle the political experience of African American women in California.