Business Foundations I - Mondays 4PM - 7PM
Monday, August 5, 2013 at 4:00 PM - Monday, September 16, 2013 at 7:00 PM (PDT)
Jumpstart your business with the Business Foundations course! This popular six-week series taught by our staff and volunteer professionals covers planning for key business components: marketing, cash flow operations, financial literacy and credit.
By completing homework and classroom assignments, you can come out of this training with a completed business plan, and go on to participate in the MCNW IDA matched savings program or use your business plan to go forward with the lending process.
The program is open to all MCNW entrepreneurs and anyone in the community interested in gaining small business skills. It is a valuable opportunity to network with other small business owners and connect with resources.
You will learn how to…
- Determine the appropriate legal status for your business
- Obtain the correct licenses and permits.
- Calculate start-up costs, unit of sale, profit margins, break-even point, and pricing window
- Forecast a 12-month cash-flow projection.
- Analyze your competition.
- Identify target markets and create a marketing plan.
- Identify funding sources and write a strong business plan.
Times: The course consists of six three-hour sessions. Class is held on Mondays 4PM - 7PM on the following dates.
- August 5th
- August 12th
- August 19th
- August 26th
- September 9th
- September 16th
*Partial scholarships are available to low income people with proper documentation. To make a payment by check, you must drop off payment in person at our office. Our office is located at 43 SW Naito PKWY, Portland, OR 97204. Registration is not complete without payment.